1/35 MINI-ART Ya - 12 SOVIET ARTILLERY TRACTOR. 35052

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great progress my friend ..sorry for not popping earlier to catch all of the updates and comraderie that wood bed is impressive

Reactions: JR

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice work there as it dose just give a whole different look to it as well,
good luck with theses tracks just hope the pins are in good shape will make it easyer

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I see what you mean with the tracks now John the theory was good but not the reality!
Nice job with the woodwork. :thumb2:
Thanks Mark. Agree totally with you on the tracks.
Great progress my friend ..sorry for not popping earlier to catch all of the updates and comraderie that wood bed is impressive
Always welcome my friend, hope you are well. Anything on the bench ?

very nice work there as it dose just give a whole different look to it as well,
good luck with theses tracks just hope the pins are in good shape will make it easyer
Thanks Moni, the pins are best cut off ! Then do as normal. Think the designer was having a laugh.

Great stuff John dont let it get the better of you now ,not after having come this far.Dave
That's exactly what had crossed my mind Dave. I can see hope for this yet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coming to the conclusion that my limitations on kit building certain sections can result in only one thing. Damage.

Yes, the scene is now set. Industrial buildings, fitters working on the repair.
Engine fully exposed, with the back having suffered Fire Damage !
What fun.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Love how the engine has turned out. The tracks look like a nightmare. Your sanity, or what's left of it, is in real danger putting those links together. Load bed is progressing well - working in wood is your forte.
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
Love how the engine has turned out. The tracks look like a nightmare. Your sanity, or what's left of it, is in real danger putting those links together. Load bed is progressing well - working in wood is your forte.
Jim
Morning Jim, the damn things will fit ,not necessarily in the right order but they will fit :smiling3:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Wonderful carpentry skills Mr Race. A lovely piece of dove tailing

• Love

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Thanks Mark. Agree totally with you on the tracks.

Always welcome my friend, hope you are well. Anything on the bench ?

Thanks Moni, the pins are best cut off ! Then do as normal. Think the designer was having a laugh.

That's exactly what had crossed my mind Dave. I can see hope for this yet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coming to the conclusion that my limitations on kit building certain sections can result in only one thing. Damage.

Yes, the scene is now set. Industrial buildings, fitters working on the repair.
Engine fully exposed, with the back having suffered Fire Damage !
What fun.
Did someone say fire!!!!!??????

Count me in. accelerant and ignition sources at the ready........ Will cut the phone lines to make sure the for brigade can't be called......

Oh joy, oh rapture!!! :smiling2: :smiling2: ;)

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Wonderful carpentry skills Mr Race. A lovely piece of dove tailing
Very kind of you mate :smiling2: cheque in brown envelope .

Did someone say fire!!!!!??????

Count me in. accelerant and ignition sources at the ready........ Will cut the phone lines to make sure the for brigade can't be called......

Oh joy, oh rapture!!! :smiling2: :smiling2: ;)
Stand by Andrew, may be some time before the actual Fire , I'll keep you informed.:nerd:

Oh the mere thought of it !

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
John,
have you felt your antipathy to MiniArt coming to a peak? I had a look at the MiniArt T-55a in the stash, and all the feelings of despair came flooding back - all those sprues, all those tracks & pins.....................
Dave

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
G'day JR, no verbal abuse from me pard......looks to me you have been well abused by those track links already. The load bed is very nice, should add a lot to the finished product. Rick H. :thumb2:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
John,
Just had a good catch up, some really nice work going on. The engine and load bed look the nuts.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
have you felt your antipathy to MiniArt coming to a peak? I had a look at the MiniArt T-55a in the stash, and all the feelings of despair came flooding back - all those sprues, all those tracks & pins.....................
Dave
Totally Dave. Its gone , :disappointed:, now a battle of wills.
A perfect piece of advertising with the box art. Parts like the engine were great to build, probely the first chassis I've done that has been square, but from then on the tracks are a silly catch to up the parts No.
More skilled my find the instructions ok, but to me they needing to change the way they explain how and where.
Unfortunately I have several more kits in the stash !

G'day JR, no verbal abuse from me pard......looks to me you have been well abused by those track links already. The load bed is very nice, should add a lot to the finished product. Rick H. :thumb2:

Thank you buddy, Matron has been called and is on her way.

1625496994685.png

Looking splendid astride her BSA 500CC c/w the side car. which I'm reliably informed carries the last long needle syringe:anguished:

The load bed will be enhanced once its been set on fire !

John,
Just had a good catch up, some really nice work going on. The engine and load bed look the nuts.

Thanks Paul, all a bit much for me I'm afraid apart from that engine and cab.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Quick up date,

Had a quick check on if the cab would fit, no the fuel tanks get in the way ! They are now removed, after all that work doing the fuel lines :angry:, still with them out of the way its ok.

2021.jpg2021_3.jpg2021_4.jpg

Realising the front wheels were still not on I found the two connectors and promptly lost one ! Depending on how I feel when I come to fitting the tracks It could go either way.

A find a piece of sprue, glue that on, and then fit the wheel.

B sweep the floor again.

C Leave the wheel off along with half of the track.

Also had a quick check on the load bed.

2021_5.jpg2021_6.jpg
2021_7.jpg

Slightly out on the cross members will look at that tomorrow, and need some tidying up, not much as its going to be burnt.

Notice of combustible dealing will be posted in good time to allow Andrew to have a front seat.

Lastly those tracks.

2021_8.jpg2021_8.jpg

I remember well when Dave kindly told me what I needed to get , this is the only way to get them anyway near straight. Also found if you remove one of those locating pins the tracks can line up much better.

In case any one is wondering about the lengths shown, you need 4 x 27, then the fun going around the drive and idler. Will cross that point when I get to it !

Thanks for looking in.
Dzhon , do I like MiniArt, NO

Attachments

• 2021_9.jpg
    2021_9.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 0

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
It's too bad you had to eat all those popsicles to get enough sticks to build that nice wood load bed just to watch it go up in smoke.....any chance of just a small conflagration without too much damage? Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Right Andy.........Mad as a March Hare when it comes to fire...

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh lol that would be right the same with Dragon kits ,they would be rolling on the floor
laughing at us ;)