1/35 Scale Shadow box Dinner on the front line from Miniart.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
This was the kit I have chosen for my first ever attempt on a Shadow Box
1612022979230.png

With a few additions in figures and a load of ideas I have set to.
Building the kit was fun , some of the smallest PE parts I have ever encountered, in one case a set of pot handles were too much to contend with so made some Pewter replacements.

Deciding that the seating was not enough I've made some bench seating and a new table from timber and plastic section.

There will be lighting, when I'm nearer to having an idea of what and where, I'll have to send of the JS Miniature's for the lights.

In the meantime.

2020_6.jpg2020_7.jpg2020_9.jpg2020_19.jpg2020_20.jpg2020_21.jpg
Tickets available as usual from Steve Jones Ticket Masters.

John.

Last edited:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Get that "Kettle" on JR and I'll join Scottie and Steve..........make mine a Tetley's if you please. Rick H.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
Chair at the front please next to the biscuits.
Right Paul , you can be in charge of them and keeping certain members of the rabble in check .
Interested to see how this plays out. Got them on my wish list.
Hi Steve, first thoughts are some of the pe is micro, some I just couldn't cold with.
The plastic is soft so care needed removing thin parts. One of the figures , the Officer with his foot on the chair needs care when assembling, the straight leg doesn't appear to fit anywhere at first.
Get that "Kettle" on JR and I'll join Scottie and Steve..........make mine a Tetley's if you please. Rick H.
Rick this a straight Yorkshire Tea house, but as it's you I'll get a crate in.

Ooh look at that!
I'm in!
I hope you're offering Russian tea from that samovar, comrade Dzhon?
Neil , yes of course, what else , having just read that Russian tea is quite strong and often has vodka in , so we will get some to mix in with the tea .

Nice start John. Looking forward to this one coming together.
Thanks Tim, should be interesting .

they can have the tea and biccies...........i will have the vodka next to the fire :tongue-out3:
Right Paul, your in charge with Neil.

Hi John
Now this will be interesting. Something we don't see very often. A lot of figures to deal with.
Jim
Yes Jim, added more figures as I have an idea ! Now I enjoy painting them using the wet pallette there quite enjoyable ! You never thought you read that !

Biccies???????? Now you're talking. And the Vodka for desert! What a way to Top off the day!! :tongue-out3: :tongue-out::tongue-out:
You've arrived once already Rick, sorry I thought you wanted tea ! :tongue-out3::smiling3:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I can see this turning into a typical rabble outing , may I please remind you that
falling off chairs and fighting are not allowed, drink therefore will be on ration.

Dzhon.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Never had a Yorkshire Tea JR.........Me daughter has a Yorky Though.......Make mine a "Double"! ;)

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Excellent start John. I am very much looking forward to what you do with this one. I am sure it will be great.

John