1/35 Scale Shadow box Dinner on the front line from Miniart.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Goin to look great John
CHRIS
Thanks mate. Going to be fun building it in sections, bit like your shi !
Going to buy the lights, solder fumes not good for my chest and the saving on what I need is not worth trying to do it myself.

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very neat John. Looks like you've got this under control. BTW you could paint the backdrop for the above ground section or alternatively you could just find a photo online that suits the scene and just print it at the size you need.

John

Reactions: JR

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Apologies for late arrival ,missed the food again ,still all is looking good , well thought out much easier with a good plan of action , looking forward to the next instalment. Dave

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very neat John. Looks like you've got this under control. BTW you could paint the backdrop for the above ground section or alternatively you could just find a photo online that suits the scene and just print it at the size you need.

John
Many thanks John, yes need to have a look on line

Apologies for late arrival ,missed the food again ,still all is looking good , well thought out much easier with a good plan of action , looking forward to the next instalment. Dave

Food will be available Dave, hope you like cabbage soup !. Thanks for looking in , no need for apologies.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
This is developing into a most interesting and informative thread - enjoying it,
Jim
Hi Jim,thanks I'm glad. A new method and type of diorama for many of us, so much to work out. But fun:nerd:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Up date from the Bunker at Race Towers.
Hi all.

This afternoon saw the labeling of the cut sections, and an email to the lighting supplier.

2020_2.jpg

All having to be marked from the back as most of the labels would get covered.

Starting with the floor I marked out the upright sections so I can leave room for the walls.

2020.jpg
Lines can be seen on the board behind the cutter.
2020_3.jpg
First 7 rows done, remembering to dismiss any curved sections.

While the floor was setting I turned to the bunker ceiling.

2020_6.jpg
The front face had a section of rebated Balsa pined and glued to it.

Further back is the x beam where the internal divider will be In between these two will be the ceiling timbers again using strips.

More x beams will then be glued to the ceiling at the correct distances. These x beams will hide the lights.

2020_5.jpg
Front edge..

2020_4.jpg

Thanks for following. Comments etc welcome.:smiling3:

Dzhon.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Timbers look appropriately rough hewn.:smiling:PaulE

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Really neat John, wished I had your carpentry skills. The plan looks great and the lighting decided will be dramatic.

I don't think that pan was big enough...I'm only getting whiffs of bacon and eggs in the air...serves me right for being late. :sad-face:

Cheers,
Richard

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
All looking as if you have it sorted. Can tell you're a 'chippy'.
The missus and I both had our first jab this morning. Have to say the friendliness and the organization couldn't be faulted. Second booked for April.
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Timbers look appropriately rough hewn.:smiling:PaulE
Thanks Paul, being Balsa it was a damn sight easier than real timber.:smiling3:

Really neat John, wished I had your carpentry skills. The plan looks great and the lighting decided will be dramatic.

I don't think that pan was big enough...I'm only getting whiffs of bacon and eggs in the air...serves me right for being late. :sad-face:

Cheers,
Richard
Thanks Richard A couple of pages back I posted a larger pan,

1612469033808.png
This might be of some consolation .:smiling3:

Hi John
All looking as if you have it sorted. Can tell you're a 'chippy'.
The missus and I both had our first jab this morning. Have to say the friendliness and the organization couldn't be faulted. Second booked for April.
Jim

Thanks Jim, good news on your jabs as well , have to agree I think they had done a splendid job
Christine should be called soon.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Someone’s enjoying themselves :smiling4:

Good to read you’ve had your first jab, must be a weight off :hugging-face:
Being a young ‘un I expect it’ll be a while for me Yet!

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Someone’s enjoying themselves :smiling4:

Good to read you’ve had your first jab, must be a weight off :hugging-face:
Being a young ‘un I expect it’ll be a while for me Yet!
Hi Si, yes they are:nerd::smiling3:, I sent an Email to Jennifer @JS Miniatures 2 days ago, she replied yesterday answering my questions, I placed the order this morning at 10 am and had an email saying it was on its way late pm. ! Talk about service.

Jab ok, haven't felt any side affects as of yet. Unfortunately it does seem like that, but they seem to got into stride now so maybe sooner than you think.

Hope your all well at home.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Jab ok, haven't felt any side affects as of yet.
I felt a bit nauseous the following day and had a headache for a couple of days. Apparently there's a theory that you're likely to get side effects if you've been exposed to the virus before having the vaccination. My daughter (who's a post-grad microbiologist, so she understands these things) signed up for a clinical trial of a new vaccine, but after testing her blood they refused her as she already carries covid-19 antibodies, so she must have been infected. Strange as she hasn't even had a sniffle in the last year. The other 4 people I know who've had covid have all died.
Pete

• Wow

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I felt a bit nauseous the following day and had a headache for a couple of days. Apparently there's a theory that you're likely to get side effects if you've been exposed to the virus before having the vaccination. My daughter (who's a post-grad microbiologist, so she understands these things) signed up for a clinical trial of a new vaccine, but after testing her blood they refused her as she already carries covid-19 antibodies, so she must have been infected. Strange as she hasn't even had a sniffle in the last year. The other 4 people I know who've had covid have all died.
Pete
Hi Peter, yes I remember your daughter being a post-grad microbiologist. I've been told by two people that people in their families had suffered afterwards.
Tomorrow will tell ! :sick:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The good news is Iv'e had no after effects after the jab, even the arm is hardly bruised.

Feeling good I was in the cave bunker quite early and set to cutting and sanding Balsa, shaping them into rough sawn timbers.
Not worth trying to glue to many in one hit, make sure they had some weight on, or clamps.

2020_4.jpg
No your not going to move now are you !

2020_3.jpg

2020_2.jpg

No I managed not to set fire to the shavings, trim with knife, then mask on and sand.

Comments welcome , thanks for looking in.
Dzhon.