1/35 Sd.Ah 56/57 Flak ammunition trailer (3D printed)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Flippin’ ‘eck Los, that’s a real shame. Still, I’m sure your talent will get this back to top class in no time.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
You can do it Los as we build from parts anyway. Looks salvageable.

Cheers,
Richard

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That is painful Los, you (and that fine job ) didn't deserve that - however, although I'd have made a wrecked trailer in a ditch, I'm sure you'll square it away!
Steve

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Sorry for the accident, Los.
IMHO, some of the damages look very realistic, meaning that they look like damages due to wartime use, careless or sleepless driving, some swift off-road detour to avoid enemy fire and so on.
I do not think those trailers were just dirt (weathered in modellers' dictionary) as they were used by youngsters living very dangerously. Moreover my experience taught me that the most difficult thing to teach to young drivers in uniform is to take proper care of their vehicles "as their own new car".

Andrea

Magneto

Oberleutnant
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I wonder how much this thing must cost? It’s like fixing a rolex then knocking it off onto a marbled floor. I guess that’s why I try to steer away from AM/3D stuff. I like the look of the Bronco very much

Panzerwrecker

SMF Supporter
First Name
Los
I wonder how much this thing must cost? It’s like fixing a rolex then knocking it off onto a marbled floor. I guess that’s why I try to steer away from AM/3D stuff. I like the look of the Bronco very much
Hi Paul. The 3D file cost for the kit, literally a few quid, although the designer printed it, shipped it to me, and charged me for the privilege. It still wasn’t very expensive. Maybe a cheap Tamiya 1/35 kit's worth, all in. As regards to my time, yeah, that cost me big time. I invested pretty heavily in that build but looking back, its just one of those little hick-ups you hope to learn from, not ever re-visit, and just move on.

I have spent a little time repairing the trailer to a presentable state and it now lives in a dust free box with the Sd.Kfz.7 Flak. I will re-visit it again one day and perhaps finish it to a standard I’m happy to present.