1/35 Workshop diorama / display base

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy

Yet more stunning work.

Very well done indeed.

ATB.

Andrew

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Richard, Tim & Andrew.

I'm doing my best to keep the momentum going so that I don't stray onto another build :smiling5:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
All looking vey good. A few extra props you could have to swap out as needed, a workshop paper towels roll ans holder, a box or sack of rags.
Buckets of sand or sawdust, work lights?
Once the building is there it's only the bits and bobs that need to be changed out if you want old or modern.

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Ian. Yes, a good idea for the "stage props". I'm preparing more buckets, barrels, furniture & tools than I need already with that kind of thing in mind, but I like the old & new aspect.

Cheers Jim. It's all a bit frantic in my head but I'm trying to go slow & steady once I get to the bench.

Reactions: JR

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Some really nice work going on mate all those little details will pay dividends.

D

Deleted member 7181

I started the day making these things while the "design" was fresh in my head.

qYB9Cpp.jpg

Then got some primer on a few things. I'm running really low on my usual Mr Finishing 1500 so had to get the rattle can out. It's a bit like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut, being a very high build automotive primer, but I went as lightly as I could to prevent burying all of the details.

c3bIli6.jpg

I've also made a start on weathering the door

PBcjgmV.jpg

But the main aim for today was more plumbing.

I made a bigger tank for the Miniart compressor.

yOhcBHe.jpg

Then, using the items I made earlier, a lot of styrene rod, and even more patience, I plumbed in a hard airline system

fNkr4rs.jpg

I didn't take any close up shots but I've mimicked double outlets on each of the drop lines. They seem a bit high up, but I'm used to having them overhead, hung from the ceiling, so that vehicles can pass underneath.

I had added a bit of greenery last night, which was dry by this morning. Only an initial "layer", I'll probably add to it later.

dWm1joB.jpg

And a nicely worn drain pipe. I'll work on the greenery in this area as it would likely be different to it's surroundings given the water outlet, and maybe add some more staining to the wall as the stuff I'd already put on isn't very distinct.

zjQdExf.jpg

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
This is really building well. There are some great places for generating surface stains on the outside of your building....

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Another one that loves it

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Looks great Andy, but the floor is a bit too clean!
Pete

• Haha
Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks chaps. glad you like it.

Believe it or not I've already done a fair amount of dirtying/staining, it just doesn't show up too well under the floodlights in the shed :smiling5: But yes, it will be getting more.

I figured get the majority built, then finish the weathering as a whole, as it would in real life.

D

Deleted member 7181

I'm not finished with this yet so it's not really ready for the completed section, but furlough is coming to an end as I'm back to work next week. I'm also losing parts faster than I can make them, so wanted to get the majority nailed down.

Figures are just blobbed down temporarily with tape.

aj4wdNr.jpg

B5hL0Ip.jpg

EH23YWJ.jpg

HakucYq.jpg

iR2VJWO.jpg

vW0g1vo.jpg

L67vxkg.jpg