1/35 Workshop diorama / display base

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7181

I'd ordered a resin toilet for this and it arrived today, so I've been making some bits to go with it this afternoon. The cistern is converted from a resin ammo box, and possibly a bit too small, but it'll do fine. Seat is just balanced on for the picture so a bit more wonky than it should be.

M6Kz97t.jpg

And today's face palm award goes to me!

I mentioned that I'd been looking for posters but couldn't quite find what I wanted despite much searching. Well, during a quick look at the painting instructions I found these.

yHl9OpX.jpg

Whoops! :smiling5:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That seat looks very like many workshops do !

Great work Andy , keep it up.

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Andy. I can't hope to meet the high standards set by others on my first go at a building, but I'm really happy with how it's going.

Thanks John, and yes, she has me programmed well. It's my default setting :smiling5:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Its all coming along very nicely Andy. Attention to detail is spot on and love the addition of the dunny....very unique :thumb2:

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Si.

I was debating between an office space or a loo. I'm glad I went with the latter.

D

Deleted member 7181

I carried on with the toilet room today. I'm desperate to refurbish my own downstairs loo / shower room, but until it's safe to browse around the shops I'm having to make do with this!

I thought it would be fairly simple to make a sink, but it didn't turn out that way. First I tried green stuff, not happening. Then Milliput, nope. Another try with Milliput, no again, so use a method I believe dear old Simon favoured, stacking discs of plasticard then carving them to shape. Didn't look too bad in the end as long as you squint a bit.

UBeELgl.jpg

I should have taken a picture of the door before fitting as it's nearly impossible to get a decent angle of it now, but I aimed for a timber frame with plywood panels. Again, pretty close to what I was trying to achieve so all good. I also went to the trouble of making some mock hinges with styrene rod and painting them brass, but they are pretty much invisible now lol :rolling:

hGYiMbp.jpg

I still need to sort something for "paper", and it'll probably get dirtied up a bit, but I caught this guy giving it an early test drive!

W5Q3atT.jpg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Sink looks good Andy, but does it perhaps look a little modern? Not sure myself as I know nothing about German plumbing of the era.....

First Name
Andy
Looks great Andy, just love the toilet but it needs to have a few oily handmarks on the wall. ;)

Andy.

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks everyone, glad you like my efforts.

Tim - no specific time period or nationality for this, I'm just messing around learning how to build stuff. You recognised it as a sink so that's good enough for me!

Paul - yeah I'm still in two minds about whether to do a loo roll holder or just chunks of newspaper. It was good enough for me as a kid, in the outside bog at the bottom of the yard :smiling5:

And yes, I'm sure it won't stay that clean for very long ;)

Reactions: JR