1/4 Scale SE5a ( The Old Dutch )

First Name
Chris
That's a fine piece of application Andy, we'll make a sign maker out of you yet LOL!!

It was a pleasure and an honour to play even a small part in such a fantastic & worthy build.

All the best

Chris

M

mobear

i could never have whittled a prop like that,its beautiful well played

mobear

S

Sky Raider

Thanks guys, it came out very good, im really happy with it. Ill post a pic soon of it fitted.

Cheers

Andy

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hiya Andy, I've just caught up with all your progress. This is really looking something now! Very impressive as always. I know this project means a lot to you and you are certainly doing it justice.

Cheers

Steve

S

Sky Raider

Thanks Steve. Not long to go now, will soon be complete.

Cheers

Andy

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Looking fantastic bud it truly amazing I haven't forgot I've got to see this up close

John

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
Looking fantastic bud it truly amazing I haven't forgot I've got to see this up close John
Not a problem John, anytime your ready.

Andy

C

CDW

Seeing it in person ?

If i lived closer i'd be up for that, If i didn't have the daily commitments up here i'd drive the 300 miles to have a ganders to be honest:smiling3:

Not too far from the end result now eh Andy :smiling3:

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
Seeing it in person ?If i lived closer i'd be up for that, If i didn't have the daily commitments up here i'd drive the 300 miles to have a ganders to be honest:smiling3:

Not too far from the end result now eh Andy :smiling3:
Thats remarkable CDW to think someone would even consider traveling that distance to see my work, I'm touch honest. Thank you. :smile8:

Andy

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Andy Remarkable is not the word the effort and love thats gone into this build as touched everyone thats looked into this thread.

C

CDW

well said Ian .....

You never know you might just get a weird PM asking if i can nip in and have a cuppa whilst standing there looking at this aircraft with my jaw dropped as we will be down in the midlands for my daughters wedding in sept:smiling3:

Anyway just shown your latest pictures to my other half, Elaine, she knows the story behind the build and as I've said before, she's not into modeling but she can see the time, effort, love and passion thats gone into this .. "wow!" was said many times as she looked at all the photos.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Andy, I'm not one to give over to emotion easily, but reading the posts as the this superb model of yours comes close to completion certainly gets me going a bit......

And the reason for the build in the first place couldn't be bettered!

All quite remarkable stuff.

Ron

S

Sky Raider

Hi guys, thanks for the kind words. Been a while since my last post... been having internet problems, a tree in the street was bearing down on the cable and worn through the insallation. Open Reach came today and replaced the line.

That said its time to post some pics. This is the bottom wing, well one of them anyway.

You will see here that the servo is in the wing, just like most cases in this build they have allowed no provision, instruction or materials for you to get over the problem of a floating servo. You are left to your own imagination on how you are going to fix/support it, another disapointment. Anyway, you will see how i did it.

View attachment 47219View attachment 47220View attachment 47221View attachment 47222View attachment 47223View attachment 47224View attachment 47225View attachment 47226View attachment 47227

With the servo completed its time to make the pulley and cover the wing.

View attachment 47235View attachment 47236View attachment 47237

The pulley was made by glueing some different size nylon washers together on a peice of styrene tube, bent a brass strip over, drilled and passed through a nut and pin then secured to the wing by 2 split pins. I think it looks ok. I covered the wing in three peices, this made it easier to do.

View attachment 47231View attachment 47232View attachment 47233View attachment 47234

Below you can see the servo position and in place.

View attachment 47228View attachment 47229View attachment 47230

Cheers

Andy

View attachment 50193

View attachment 50194

View attachment 50195

View attachment 50196

View attachment 50197

View attachment 50198

View attachment 50199

View attachment 50200

View attachment 50201

View attachment 50202

View attachment 50203

View attachment 50204

View attachment 50205

View attachment 50206

View attachment 50207

View attachment 50208

View attachment 50209

View attachment 50210

View attachment 50211

Ready for hardware.jpg

Servo 1 w.jpg

servo 2 w.jpg

servo 3 w.jpg

servo 4 w.jpg

servo 5 w.jpg

servo 5a w.jpg

servo 6 w.jpg

servo 7w.jpg

servo 8 w.jpg

servo 9 w.jpg

servo 10 w.jpg

cover 1.jpg

cover 2.jpg

cover 3.jpg

cover 4.jpg

pulley 1.jpg

pulley 2.jpg

pulley 3.jpg

V

Vajled

I dont coment your work to often, sorry for that... but I'm following and enjoying

Great so far, just GREAT

better say FNTASTIC

Roman