1/4 Scale SE5a ( The Old Dutch )

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
I dont coment your work to often, sorry for that... but I'm following and enjoyingGreat so far, just GREAT

better say FNTASTIC

Roman
Thank you for breaking silence. Your kind words are very much appreciated.

Andy

First Name
Chris
The anticipation of seeing this beauty finished is killing me!

Keep up the great Andy!

Regards

Chris

C

CDW

So thats all you get in these plans then .... "place servo here somehow" ?? ... thats not very helpful eh?

It seems like there's a lot of improvise, overcome and adapt with this sort of build Andy ...not something i'd feel competent enough to attack (i scratch build loads of stuff yet feel from your issues and resolutions in this thread that this is a tad above my limits) .. i think you're doing a great job, even if it does feel like you're swimming against the flow half the time.

B

Buttonman

Thought you'd gone passed all the fiddly bits. Andy but she's defiantly on the final legs now eh.

Can't wait to see her "prop spinning and the control panels moving"

Martin

S

Sky Raider

Well, hello again. I know its been a while but i have been on and off the forum trying to catch up on your excellent works. The reason for the pause is two fold, Firstly i had to finish off the 4 wings, profiling the leading and trailing edges along with the covering and rib tapes that you have all seen previously and i didnt want to bore you with the same old thing. and secondly i have to confess that the last two weeks i have been busy doing other things and have not been in the workshop much until the last couple of days.

Anyway, here are the finished covered wings ready for painting, you will see i have painted the underside of the upper wing sections.

View attachment 49737View attachment 49738View attachment 49739View attachment 49740View attachment 49741View attachment 49742View attachment 49743View attachment 49744View attachment 49745View attachment 49746

From here on in its isignia and wing painting. I will post as we go through the stages.

Good to be posting again.

Cheers

Andy

View attachment 52468

View attachment 52469

View attachment 52470

View attachment 52471

View attachment 52472

View attachment 52473

View attachment 52474

View attachment 52475

View attachment 52476

View attachment 52477

Wing sections up lwr 1.jpg

Lwr wing sections 2.jpg

Up wing sections 3.jpg

Up wing sections 4.jpg

Up wing sections 5.jpg

Up wing sections 6.jpg

Up wing sections 7.jpg

up wing section 8.jpg

Up wing section 9.jpg

Up wing section 10.jpg

Last edited:
First Name
Chris
And it's good to have you posting again Andy. Looking good a always. Don't knowing you saw it but I finished the Apache, have posted under the title Holy Hydras and Hellfire's. Good to have you back and keep up the good work.

All the best

Chris

P

Polux

Superb and terrific work, like all the model!!

"Welcome" again!!!

Cheers

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
And it's good to have you posting again Andy. Looking good a always. Don't knowing you saw it but I finished the Apache, have posted under the title Holy Hydras and Hellfire's. Good to have you back and keep up the good work.All the best

Chris
I missed it Chris, sorry, OMG has it been that long since i was last posting on here, time does fly lol. Please post me the Link id love to read all the way through that one. Glad you got it done, cant wait to get reading and viewing on it.

Cheers

Andy

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Good to see you back Andy,and with some spectacular progress...as usual I'm gobsmacked.

Cheers

Steve

B

Buttonman

Wondered where you flew off too :-D

Thought you'd made a boo boo and gone feral.

Nice work tho bro really ramping the tension up now,been a long wait but it's gonna be awsome.

Think the Old Dutch would love it.

Can't wait to see the prop spinning under her own power

Martin

C

CDW

It's been too long between updates matey :smiling3: :smiling3:

All looking as good as ever Andy ... not long to the finshing line now mate.

be nice to see her in all her glory, i'm looking forward to it (and don't forget you promised a taxi video :smiling3: )

S

Sky Raider

Thanks Colin. It was a while i know, ill try and post more as i come to a close on this one. I will do the video if i get it finished before the winter sets in lol.

Cheers

Andy

T

treyzx10r

Andy was just scratching my face fuzz wondering where you wandered off to and low and behold here you come with another stunning update! Glad to see the build progressing and so looking forward to the next update!

C

Caledonia

Nice one Andy, almost their, I know the feeling. Have you planning permission to build the hanger to store this monster in yet? Cheers Derek