1/4 Scale SE5a ( The Old Dutch )

S

Sky Raider

Thanks guys. Derek, i need a hanger for it as i have just purchased another model boat kit - a trawler. going to need a dry doc as well lol

Cheers

Andy

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great looking wings andy , the roundels look excellent too , nearly there mate , cheers tony

M

mobear

awesome Andy,now i`m waiting with baited breath,keep it coming

mobear

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Andy the suspense is killing me!

Ian M

C

CDW

don't you go rushing it so you can play with your new boats :smiling3:

wings look splendid mate.

bet it's nice to see the finishing line eh?

C

Caledonia

\ said:
Thanks guys. Derek, i need a hanger for it as i have just purchased another model boat kit - a trawler. going to need a dry doc as well lolCheers

Andy
Hi Andy, which Trawler did you buy?? Cheers Derek

S

Sky Raider

Derek, i brought the IMARA which is a Harbour Tug, sorry, cant tell the difference lol. Thanks guys, the end is nigh lol. You are correct Colin, it is so hard to resist the rush now to get finished. I will make sure sure i take the care and time to do it properly, after all it is for the Old Dutch, that alone should be enough incentive not to botch along until the end.

Cheers

Andy

C

Caledonia

Andy, the IMARA looks a really good comprehensive kit, look forward to the build, will keep you busy over the winter:wow:Cheers Derek

S

Sky Raider

You can say that again Derek. There are 2 boxes full of lots of metal bits, some have to be assembled before painting. however, i spent nearly 3k on the Happy Hunter so i guess she will be next on the bench.

Cheers

Andy

S

Sky Raider

Well i have painted the top wings with the PC10 now, all that is left to do with these is turn them over and paint the straight edging, fit the ailerons and coat with 2 coats of fuel proof. Should have these finished in a few days and then on to the bottom wings.

View attachment 50618View attachment 50619View attachment 50620View attachment 50621

Forever getting closer to that light at the end of the tunnel.

Cheers

Andy

View attachment 53289

View attachment 53290

View attachment 53291

View attachment 53292

top wing painted (1).jpg

top wing painted (2).jpg

top wing painted (3).jpg

top wing painted (4).jpg

S

Sky Raider

Cheers Ole. Should look a whole lot better when the fuel proof goes on and it gets that Satin look.

Cheers

Andy

First Name
Chris
She's 'a' coming along nicely Andy. As always great work and I'm very much looking forward to the end result.

Regards

Chris

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
I'm still loving this build Andy, attention to detail is amazing mate. I been thinking of getting a 1/72 or 1/48 scale SE5a just to build a replica of yours.

Have fun, John

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
I'm still loving this build Andy, attention to detail is amazing mate. I been thinking of getting a 1/72 or 1/48 scale SE5a just to build a replica of yours.Have fun, John
Great idea John. I do have one in the workshop i used for fine detail. Still in the box unused as they say. See what prices you can get one for and then come back to me, ill do you a good deal.

Thanks Chris, im still enjoying this build, though i would like to be at the end of it very soon.

Cheers

Andy

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Yes Andy that light is getting brighter and brighter looking forward to the full reveal, great work still enjoying this

S

Sky Raider

Thanks for the kind words guys. I have made some more progress on the top wings now.

View attachment 50813View attachment 50814View attachment 50815

Ailerons now fitted.

View attachment 50816View attachment 50817View attachment 50818

1st coat of Fuel proof added, this brings the color level down to one flat tone before applying the Clear coat. When done ill turn over and complete the underside of the wings

Cheers

Andy

View attachment 53428

View attachment 53429

View attachment 53430

View attachment 53431

View attachment 53432

View attachment 53433

Ailerons fitted (1).jpg

Ailerons fitted (2).jpg

Ailerons fitted (3).jpg

Fuel proofed  2 (1).jpg

Fuel proofed  2 (2).jpg

Fuel proofed 1.jpg

P

Polux

Simply *****...well...I think I have finished all the possible adjectives!!!

Polux