1/4 Scale SE5a ( The Old Dutch )

O

ozyfly

View attachment 50833View attachment 50836View attachment 50835View attachment 50834Hi Andy,

I completed a DB SE5A a couple of weeks ago. I have six flights up on it and it flies beautifully. My last flight was most concerning, however as a whole inter-plane strut fell out in flight. My heart sank, however, I managed to land ok. I have since made an insert with a captive nut and fitted it between the ribs in front of the forward most magnet. I have then added a thin ply plate around the inter-plane strut magnet and when assembled simply screw the plate to the captive nut to ensure that it is not able to come adrift. Love your build.

Cheers

Darren

View attachment 53448

View attachment 53449

View attachment 53450

View attachment 53451

SE5A 1.jpg

SE5A 2.jpg

SE5A 4.jpg

SE5A 5.jpg

Last edited:
S

Sky Raider

Thanks guys, nice job Darren, thank god you got her down ok. She looks beutiful.

Andy

S

Sky Raider

Thanks Polux, its been a long but enjoyable 18 months on this one, i figure i still have around 4 weeks to completion.

Andy

S

Sky Raider

I try Martin, didnt do a bad job on the top wings i think. As these were hand painted originaly it adds to the scale look if your off a little lol

Cheers

Andy

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Nearly there mate, can't wait to see "Old Dutch" in all her glory, the Duchess will be proud.

Tony.

T

treyzx10r

So close to the finish Andy! Noone could accuse you of being a slacker the effort is truly inspiring!

S

Sky Raider

Further progress on the lower wings guys. There will not be many more posts on this project after this one im sure. Im getting closer to that light at the end of the tunnel now, i can just make out the landscape :smiling3:

I have one more coat of the blue to add to the one wing and then fuel proof both. After that its just the struts and the rigging... they shouldnt take long to do. I need to add some scale detail to the struts so there will be a little work on them that ill post up.

View attachment 51552View attachment 51553View attachment 51554View attachment 51555View attachment 51556View attachment 51557View attachment 51558View attachment 51559View attachment 51560

Cheers

Andy

View attachment 54137

View attachment 54138

View attachment 54139

View attachment 54140

View attachment 54141

View attachment 54142

View attachment 54143

View attachment 54144

View attachment 54145

Insignia Lower 1.jpg

Insignia Lower 2.jpg

Insignia lower 3.jpg

Insignia Lower.jpg

Insignia Lwr comp (1).jpg

Insignia Lwr comp (2).jpg

Insignia Lwr comp (3).jpg

Insignia Lwr comp (4).jpg

Lower servos.jpg

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking very good Andy closer and closer to your goal now,,, a truly insperational build one your Ma would be well pleased with and i'm looking forward to the final showing just like everyone else.

S

Sky Raider

Thanks Papa. Its been a long slow build but i have enjoyed every minute of it. Im sure The Old Dutch would be proud of this one. Its a great tribute to end my plane building on. After this one i will never build another plane again.

Cheers

Andy

First Name
Chris
Never say never Andy, you're making such a fine job of thi one I would be a shame not to do another. Inspirational work my friend

Regards

Chris

S

Sky Raider

Thanks Chris. It isnt the end, im moving onto RC boats from now on :smiling3: