1/48 Dragon Ju-188

T

treyzx10r

The Dragon Ju188 kit as some already know is from a basic 88 that Dragon put out with modular moldings so they could put out sub types and variations. This saves money from a manufacture stand point but having already finished a Ju88C-6 I know that fit suffers for it. I at least know what to look out for so it should be a little easier to deal with. The kit does come with some Pe and the decals appear decent with no yellowing.

Nice box art

The basic kit,I did score some resin guns and ammo belts for this as well.

There are some ejector pin marks that will have to be dealt with in the office area ,but not too many thankfully

Still working on some reference pics as of yet a scheme is undecided any suggestions or pics would be most appreciated,cheers Trey

S

sprayman

Looking forward to see what you do with this bird Trey........... :D

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Been trying to get one of these on evilbay but they go for stupid prices. Looking forward to seeing this built

J

James Q

Looking forward to seeing this built, I've never built a Dragon what are they like?

T

treyzx10r

Roman wipe up the drool buddy! Ray thanks ,thinking a squiggle scheme of some sort ? Allyne yes they do fetch some flighty prices on evil bay but I got lucky and scored this one for $40 USD plus another 12 for shipping. Thanks James the fit on these Ju88-188 kits are'nt great in some very bad to deal with areas.

The office is basically done except for a final wash,pe seat belts and scratched some straps for the rudder pedals. I finished it with RLM 66 Model master enamel.

M

MrGotty

Awsome stuff trey, I am new to this hobby and I cant wait to get this good lol wish I started this stuff when I was a kid, I would be awsome by now otherwise. But great work bro, keep it up!

Peace

Scott

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Looks like we are in for a treat Trey, looking very nice matey.

Have fun, John

S

Sky Raider

First class as usual Trey, watching this one for sure.

Andy

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thats one hell of an office. very nice work.

From what I have seen over the last few months, I believe the bar has been raised by several members in the Aircraft department. (You know who you are!!!).

Great work Trey and I look forward to the next instalment.

Ian M

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Thats nice, really nice Trey.

keep it up and a stunning model will surely follow.

Tony.

T

treyzx10r

Wow gang thanks for all the positive support,hope not to let you down! I'm on to the sub assemblies and having been burned on a few things with the Ju88C6 build I'm doing things a little different with this one. First the wing tips,on the C6 I glued the wing tips together and then inserted them into the wings. Real ugly step is created doing it this way.

This time around I'm glueing the tip halves to each respective wing half first. I cut off the alignment tab as it makes it sit too high,then sanded the mating ends flush. Once glued into place I taped them and placed the ends overhanging the cutting matt so they would dry straight.

T

treyzx10r

Next I glued the fuse assemblies together

the office got a 2 layer wash ,the first was my own mix with some earth tone pastels followed by some citadel devlan mud

I'll have to deal with the nasty step at the fuse halve joint but I already knew that ugliness was coming

V

Vajled

i hate those steps... but i'm shure u will work them...

cockpit is fantastic

roman

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Wow! the office looks even better. Good luck with that step. I'm sure you will work your stuff.

Vaughan