1/48 Dragon Ju-188

A

andyrobs

Hi Trey, that cockpit is amazing, the amount of detail is superb. Top work mate!!!!!

Cheers, Andrew

C

CDW

Trey, that cockpit is cracking!!

I made the 1/32 JU-88 (which is supposed to be one of the headliners for cockpit detail with 90 odd parts (i think))

..... the finished cockpit detail on this 188 just blows that out of the water.

Obviousely you might have had a bit to do with that though :smiling3: :smiling3:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Very nice work as usual Trey. Have you got pre cut masks to go with the Squadron canopy or are you going to cut your own masks? I've always found cutting masks a bit tricky on the vac-form canopies,and the Ju188 needs a lot of masking.

Cheers

Steve

T

treyzx10r

Andrew thanks! Colin thank you very much been struggling with the details on this interior flattered that you think so much of it ,I would love to do 1/32 but just do'nt have the room. How was the kit all in all? Steve thanks,yes pre cut mask but alas epic fail on the vac canopy:smile10:

I hit a huge snag with the replacemnet Canopy,I just could'nt get the fit correct at the major seam between the nose section and the main no matter what I tried !! Well wound up deforming it worse than the kit supplied one! To add injury to insult I had already masked it! I wet sanded and buffed out 85% of the blemish on the kit supplied canopy sections then transfered the masks. The fit still is'nt great but considering the 188 almost took flight into the nearest wall at one point in the struggle I'll live with it. I'm close to being ready to paint and still have'nt decided on a scheme,leaning toward a black bottom and squiggle topside of some sort just not finding many good pics on line and my books are hopeless on the 188.Anyway here is the progress so far...........

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Despite all your problems Trey it's looking great. All the interior detail will show through that canopy. Can't wait to see the paint go down.

Vaughan

V

Vajled

This all for now looks fantastic...

Alo cant wait to see painted camo... and of course finished :smiling3:

Roman

C

CDW

\ said:
Colin thank you very much been struggling with the details on this interior flattered that you think so much of it ,I would love to do 1/32 but just do'nt have the room. How was the kit all in all?
Credit where credits due Trey, it looks like you're getting on top of it.

I'm glad i didn't have these fit issues with my attempt, it was my first go at a biggie and apart from a few fumbles with a few parts not aligning first time (more than likely my bumbling fault) it went ok. tried an unusual camo theme that turned out a little different.

If you don't mind me sneeking a link ... this is what it ended up like. http://www.scale-models.co.uk/planes/13966-revell-1-32-junkers-ju-88-1-a.html

T

treyzx10r

Vaughan,Roman thanks! Colin thank you and I remember you're build from the link thank you for putting that up,excellent looking build! Moving along to the finish on the upper surfaces RLM 75/83/76

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Looks good Trey. I did find one of the "Black Cross" magazines on the Ju188 stashed away with some other soft backs and pamphlets. Unfortunately it doesn't help much with the interior (a bit late anyway!). The only external paint scheme it shows is the original Junkers plan for a 70/71/65 splinter scheme like the box.

There don't seem to be many pictures available.

Cheers

Steve

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
This is really coming on well.... Very nice work.

S

sprayman

Excellent work here mate, its looking like it will be a solid and fantastic job.......top work as usual.

V

Vajled

You did it great camo work on upper surface Trey...

Cant wait to see this bird finished

ROman

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi Trey the camo has worked out really well. I'm looking forward to seeing the decals go down.

Vaughan

C

Caledonia

Hi Trey, Not really into WW2 German Aircraft, but I do like the look of the Ju-188 you have their, you have done a stunning job on the cockpit. Cheer Derek

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thats some camouflage! Nice work.

Ian M

D

dubster72

This is a fascinating build, the effort & skill you've shown is amazing Trey. That camo looks awesome!

Cheers

Patrick

T

treyzx10r

Thanks so much for all the support and positive comments its deeply appreciated everyone! I do'nt have much to update the few decals are on and I'm starting to wrap up the gear legs and fiddly bits.

T

treyzx10r

I've done the wash,a mix of my own on the top and Pro Modeller light dirt on the bottom. I'm totally disgusted with the canopy fit,really shows up ugly now in the pics. I'll be wrapping up all the fiddly bits antenaes,gun sights ect. and putting this build behind me.