1/48 Dragon Ju-188

T

treyzx10r

Roman ,Vaughan ,Kitbasher thanks! The step has been dealt with and the panel lines rescribed. The panel lines were'nt lining up so some are'nt perfect but I'll live with the results. I've also got the main gear assembly started and cut off the fender on the tail wheel as I've not seen any pics of a 188 with it

M

mobear

wowser will watch this for ideas on painting cool build and you would never have thought that the step on fuselage was ever there

mobear

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Only just caught up with this one trey , superb work mate! The cockpit is excellent and top work on the awkward joint . I like these alot especially the stripy camo , you sometimes see them in . , cheers tony

T

treyzx10r

Roman thanks! Mobear appreciate the kind words! Ian thanks!Tony I like the stripy cammo ones as well.I'm torn between that and the squiggle scheme,thanks for the compliments. I made some more progress on the wings and fixed the main gear sub assemblies and engine nacelle mountings . The gear fit was great ,the engine nacelles mountings not so much. I went through several that I had in the stash and the early ones from the C6 kit were the best fit. So I'll be using the older engines from that kit as well,they have better moldings and look more detailed. May not be 100% accurate but I'm no rivet counter so on they go.

The dry fit of the wings is not bad after some sanding and removing some high spots in the join areas

S

sprayman

You really do, do justice to your kits Trey, outstanding build mate.

M

mobear

sparyman and trey please please please send me detailed video of your techniques(just kiddin)you 2 seem pretty hot at this model paintin malarky lol

mobear

ps trey awsome

T

treyzx10r

Ray,thank you very much!

Mobear thanks wish I knew how to host a video lol then again its probably a good thing I do'nt! Seriously check out the 'how to' section in the forum I've found it very helpful!

I've fitted the engine nacelles ,from what I can find on the net they are also used on the Ju88-14

The wing fit is pretty good needing just a small bead of the ole green putty.

I primed the putty joints to check for blems and seal it

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Looks great Trey, Dragon is not a make I'm familiar with but I might have to try one.

Colin M...

T

treyzx10r

Roman,Mobear,Colin thanks appreciate the kind words fellas!

Not much to report in ,tonight had to put in some OT at work. I did dremel off the fairing for the exposed exhaust and filled in the void with putty in preperation for the tube flame suppressor exhaust. They also had to be thinned at the join area but the dry fit looks pretty decent.

V

Vajled

i got same model from my frined like present :smiling3:

but it's 1/72 Italeri... some old prepack with positive panels :sad:

but... I cant wait to build it... beautifull plane and your work is just inspired me and amazing me in all possible positive way...

this looking great to me what you have shown to us

Roman

T

treyzx10r

Thanks Ray! Roman wow thanks glad to be an inspiration, looking forward to seeing yours build up! James thanks! I did make a little headway with the armament and tail feathers. Unfortunately the kit supplied canopy is unuseable due to ugly mold blemish so I've got a Squadron crystal clear replacement but the fit is giving me a hard time,hope to get it sorted .

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
This is looking superb trey , that cockpit is amazing! Shame about the kit canopy , it looked fine in the dry fit pics. Cheers tony

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Trey now that's fantastic detail in the office and it will be worth the effort you have put in as it should be very visible when the canopy is fitted. As Tony said it a shame about the canopy.

Vaughan

Last edited by a moderator: