1/700 scale IJN Ships make over

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Not using that brush you won’t Richard LOL…..the point is about as wide as they are high :tongue-out3:
Is it just me, or do the signallers on that fret trigger memories of “The Village People“?
You're right about that brush Tim, I use that as a kicker applicator for CA and was a stand in for size comparison. I used a Daler Rowney No.0 brush without the magnifier.
They're the Village People fan club...they keep popping up everywhere. :tears-of-joy:

Cheers,
Richard

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Wow Richard those planes are the bees knees! They certainly add a welcome splash of colour to the battleship grey. Not terribly effective camouflage, though, I feel..... Then I looked again...

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Wow Richard those planes are the bees knees! They certainly add a welcome splash of colour to the battleship grey. Not terribly effective camouflage, though, I feel..... Then I looked again...
Thanks Neil, sorry I took so long to reply.

I have a set of Eduard prepainted 1/700 figures and have compared with mine and discovered they don't paint the flesh parts.
20220812_085403.jpg
Looks like I will have to paint them in then to keep consistency including the black boots and white puttees on the Japanese marines. The green is a bit jarish so will tone down with Russian green.

Cheers,
Richard

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I don't know Richard, but the fret attachment points on those Eduard figs look huge. If you try to remove the one on his head, he might get decapitated for sure. The other fret looks much better in that aspect. Good luck Buddy.......

Prost
Allen

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Good Idea.......those green uniforms are hurtin' my eyes. :cool:
A bit jarring ain't it. ;)
I don't know Richard, but the fret attachment points on those Eduard figs look huge. If you try to remove the one on his head, he might get decapitated for sure. The other fret looks much better in that aspect. Good luck Buddy.......

Prost
Allen
I intend to paint the fret attachment white and cut slightly further up so it would look like a sailors cap...hope it works.

Anyway I'm still busy painting the figures and have done some flesh on the Eduard fret. I have left one row undone for comparison. The other frets got the black wash and flesh on. I've reversed the other earlier fret to show the back and the neck flap painted in navy blue for the enlisted sailors.
20220812_201550.jpg
This time I've got the right brush in the pics.
I count 715 figures in all.

Cheers,
Richard