1/700 scale IJN Ships make over

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
The water effect is absolutely brilliant, Richard. The waves scale and colour is so fitting. :thumb2:
:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
Thanks Hong, if you're anywhere in KL on the 30th of this month, drop by at CKTan hobby shop. We're having a GB for Ships and Helis.
IMG-20220718-WA0027.jpg
Noticed your avatar is a Phantom. You get to meet many Phantom Sifu's at the GB. CKTan is at Bremmall just off jalan Ipoh in Kepong.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Very nice Richard.....keep it coming. :thumb2:
Great work Richard at this very small scale.
Thanks guys, will do and will rest my eyes in between stages of painting. While waiting for the layer to cure I made an aerial tri-mast to be positioned on the C turret which holds up the rigging to the rear. Also added railings to the back of the pagoda structure after painting the deck linoleum red brown. Will get some images up.

Cheers,
Richard.

First Name
Hong
Thanks Hong, if you're anywhere in KL on the 30th of this month, drop by at CKTan hobby shop. We're having a GB for Ships and Helis.
View attachment 458886
Noticed your avatar is a Phantom. You get to meet many Phantom Sifu's at the GB. CKTan is at Bremmall just off jalan Ipoh in Kepong.

Cheers,
Richard
Thanks for the invite, Richard. Will likely drop-by to look see, and watch modeller sifus at work. :smiling3: May I know what time the event start and end?

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks for the invite, Richard. Will likely drop-by to look see, and watch modeller sifus at work. :smiling3: May I know what time the event start and end?
Hi Hong, the committee still hasen't announce the time but I think its safe to be there at 12pm and it should end around 4pm. It's near the shop and you'll be surprised at how well stocked it is. Don't blame me if your wallet gets burnt. :smiling6: Members get a 25% discount...I'm going to leave my wallet at home.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
As promised piccies of the aerial tri-pod...
20220722_091726.jpg
I used brass wire and stretched sprue with CA for bonding...
20220722_091647.jpg
Test fitting and cutting one end of the leg shorter as it stands on the sloping turret top.
20220722_134109.jpg
Painted up and glued down.
20220722_091925.jpg
The railing attached. Lucky I had the foresight not to glue down the pagoda structure.
20220722_134448.jpg
You can barely see it with the structure on.
20220722_134207.jpg
Added railings to a receiver platform or some sort of antennae.

Cheers,
Richard

First Name
Hong
Hi Hong, the committee still hasen't announce the time but I think its safe to be there at 12pm and it should end around 4pm. It's near the shop and you'll be surprised at how well stocked it is. Don't blame me if your wallet gets burnt. :smiling6: Members get a 25% discount...I'm going to leave my wallet at home.

Cheers,
Richard
Thanks for the info about the time of the event, Richard. Those shiny, plastic wrapped model boxes sure can make my legs go so weak. Hahahaha, I suspect the event organize at end of July was to coincide with "gaji masuk" time. Those sly bastards:thinking:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks for the info about the time of the event, Richard. Those shiny, plastic wrapped model boxes sure can make my legs go so weak. Hahahaha, I suspect the event organize at end of July was to coincide with "gaji masuk" time. Those sly bastards:thinking:
Seriously, when see shop and the goodies... sure "pengsan wan". "Gaji" sure "habis tapau". No need go Singapore buy kits. If wan Kinetic, Airfix and Zvesda then go Area88.
Sorry guys...we're talking Malaysian 'Engrish' laced with local words/slang.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi guys, I was lazy to weather the opposite side of the Haruna so to find a way out I had this idea...since it's a refit I thought the Haruna was also being painted so one side is complete and the other is in progress...
20220724_115500.jpg
The platforms will be decked with sailors and paint cans busy at work.

Cheers,
Richard

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Richard
That's a nice idea. I don't think I've ever a model of a ship in the process of being painted.
Jim

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Richard,

Yet again truly amazing work. Very well done indeed!!! You really are extremely talented.

ATB.

Andrew

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Richard
That's a nice idea. I don't think I've ever a model of a ship in the process of being painted.
Jim
Thanks Jim, there probably is in the world of ship building...just not seen it yet. Just goes to show that laziness tends to bring out desperate thinking. The time it took me to make the platform and supports could have completed the weathering on the other side...perhaps I don't like replication but i did do another platform for the otherside near the rear showing painting near completed.

Richard,

Yet again truly amazing work. Very well done indeed!!! You really are extremely talented.

ATB.

Andrew
Thanks Andrew, if you mean by being lazy develops talent then I fit in. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks for the likes and loves guys, just notices a missing rig on the main mast in the last photo. Have just replaced it...must have twanged off when I cut the end bit off. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi guys, apologies for being absent for a while. The local GB has concluded and deleting the competition and making it open to even wip's there were many displays brought in. I couldn't finish Kure on time so it went in as a wip. I'll put up some pictures of the event.
Anyway I'm just making the Japanese flags for the ships...process shown here...
20220803_120957.jpg
Decals were destroyed in the flood so these are replacements printed out on paper.

Cheers,
Richard