1/72 "Onwards, Comrade!" Belorussia. 1944

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Amos, thanks for your post. I'm glad you like the build so far.

Scott, the base is a sample piece of a kitchen unit door, so it was already finished with a shiny look, so no need to seal this one. Otherwise I just seal my bases with pva. I prefer this to varnish because not only does it seal the base, it provides a great 'key' to whatever you put on the base next.

That is what the white stuff is too, just diluted, and the grey stuff put on whilst the pva is wet. I find they mix nicely and go rock hard when dry.....

Cheers

Ron

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
am liking this one,and will lookk forward to seeing how,you place the tiger, ;)

once it set with a shell hole at the base of the tracks with dirt thrown about

will cover any little spots your not happy with, :D

it is always most enjoy to have a chat,and to get some help as you know we can overlook

some think some times,with a build,and then when said,you think why did i not see that,:rolleyes:

and plus its nice even if its of subject,

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Monica, I've been quietly adding bits and bobs to bring it alive a bit more....As you know, the best part about this diorama lark is when you think you've finished and sit down in front of the model you think..."I know what would look good, I'll do that!"......and away we go again! Great fun, eh?

I hope to finish it in the next few days, then try and take some pictures of the finished job.

Cheers,

Ron

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
yes i do total agree Ron i site back with a coffee and fag and just look,the worse half the money pit,always say what

are you doing ,you just site and smoke,why dont you finish it,why do you do that all the time,:rolleyes:

and my reply is I,m an artist go away let me enjoy my fag,lol,:eek:

will real look forward to seeing what you have added in if i can see it, :D

i should be doing some work as well,but watching Doc Who and reading hear,lol :smiling3:

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Hi Ron............. That Tiger is really very good ........... In a sort wrecked kind of way ..... I like it a lot matey.

I have some Russian figures if you want 'em .......... You could have them trying to push the track back on :smiling3:

Peter

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Glad you like my wrecked Tiger Peter, and thanks for the offer of the figures. Unfortunately I think they are 1/35, my diddy tank is 1/72...Might look a bit cob!

But thanks nonetheless.

Ron