1/72 "Onwards, Comrade!" Belorussia. 1944

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks tops Ron how you have done the two building ,spot on in my eyes, ;)

some times needs just a little more,to make it work well,

real liking and enjoying this one,

the base looks god as well and see that your adding a stream all so,nice touch, ;)

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Monica, you are right, sometimes it does need that extra something. Which at the time you don't notice.

That's what I find so fascinating about dioramas. A bit gets done, then with a second look something is spotted that's not right...and away you go again...and again! Then you have an idea and add something else...so it goes on. Great stuff!

I included the stream because I thought that side of the base would look a bit bare without something. Glad you approve of this inclusion.

First Name
Gregg
I wish I had your sort of imagination and talent to see it through.

Just Excellent!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Gregg, but surely we all have a bit of imagination and talent, as I'm sure you do or you wouldn't be making models!....All that is needed to do dioramas is the courage to have a go.

Get yourself a base board and just sit in front of it...rest assured something will come into your head, then you're up and running....Try it.

Me, I wanted to be a brain surgeon, but I couldn't turn the taps with my elbows!

Last edited by a moderator:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
total agree Ron,thats why i lov doing Dio,s always some think you can add or change, ;)

C

Caledonia

Now Monica/Ron, as Jeremy Paxman would say in University Challenge - 'NO CONFERING';) ;)

Seriously though this is what this Forum is about, exchange of ideas, not squabbling over silly meaningless gold stars. Derek

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Derek, you are spot on about these meaningless 'stars'...Why all the fuss?

Anyway to more important matters......

You must understand, me and my mate Monica are real cyber buddies from different parts of the globe, so we do tend to get in a huddle in the corner now and then!

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
i do agree very much so Ron, ;) its good to be able to help each other out from across the glob,

and have a bit of a chat about what we are doing and get a helping hand ,on the side, :D

your so right Derek,and thats what i do enjoy so much about this forum,the friendliness of it all :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Monica and long may it continue.....

O.k., I've had a go at damaging the 1/72 Tiger tank. I've tried to imagine three hits....

The first low hit didn't penetrate, but disabled the tank, smashing off a section of track. The second, slightly higher, penetrated the interior, instantly killing all but the commander.

The third and final hit went through the side of the turret. The commander, seriously wounded tried to climb out....but didn't make it. He has a black tunic on in real life!

As the track is dangling I have left it with no sag, but taut. I need to do some work on those awful rubber track edges too!

It's a start, but still more to add including muck and rubble to hide the track, also a piece of track and two other road wheels, which I will place at the side of the vehicle.

View attachment 104589

View attachment 104590

View attachment 104591

View attachment 104592

Thanks for looking and as usual, any comments and suggestion welcome.

Ron

Belorussia 1944 043.jpg

Belorussia 1944 042.jpg

Belorussia 1944 044.jpg

Belorussia 1944 046.jpg

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
You do know you've been an' gone an' messed up a perfectly good model Tiger don't you? Now it looks like it's been hit by a cannon!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
You do know you've been an' gone an' messed up a perfectly good model Tiger don't you? Now it looks like it's been hit by a cannon!
Sorry Dave, but it couldn't have been left untouched with the Ruskie driving by, now could it? Apart from that it was better to take it out on the model than go and kick my dog!

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
i do like the look of thatt and the damage looks right as well to me

all coming along nicely, ;)

i do as well Ron always enjoy the chatts we have ,and i can always lean some think new, :D

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Monica, I'm glad you like the tank wrecking stage. It was fun sticking a hot needle through it!

Not much fun, banter or suggestions for this build, not to worry. We'll just have to carry on chatting.....

Don't forget lady, I'm learning from you too - which can only be good.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for your post Joe.

I've done a bit more work on the edge of the rubber tracks and I'm happier now.

Here is the 'Improved' Tiger as it is, rather than those previous awful yellowy ones caused by a yellow sun blind!

View attachment 104705

Only bits to do on the dio., so I'll wind it up at this stage and post in 'Completed' when it's finished.

Thanks to those who helped me along the way with suggestions and comments.

Ron

Belorussia 1944 049.jpg

N

noble

Ron what can I say..... well you certainly tore that tiger a new a**hole, ver very effective indeed, the dio is coming on a treat.

scott

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Coming along fantastically as always ron , nice wrecking of that tiger I look forward to the finish :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thank you Scott and Alan. I'm pleased you both approve of the wrecked Tiger.

Cheers,

Ron

T

Tibbs

My first peek through this thread...... Wow, im gobsmacked, the detail on such a small scale is just brilliant, the damage to the building and tank are spot on, not overdone, very convincing.... Looking forward to the end result.

N

noble

Ron did you varnish your board before you applied your tile grout? and what is that white stuff you have applied to the board before the grout?

scott