1/87 Motorized 10.5cm How. Battery Deploying

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Another nice grouping Paul. How did they get to the top of the quarry??

Please don't say you put them there :smiling5::smiling3:

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Steve, the quarry has been excavated over the years into the face of a massif. They came in on the road that lies among the trees at the top. I included a map of an area in France where I thought the quarry could be in my camo roadside shelter dio ('An Ambush of Tiger Cubs' in Diorama Chat) that gives an idea of the surrounding topography. Due to the crowded area, I'll be moving the AAA to the lower level. Thank you. PaulE

Last edited:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
A truly wonderful explanation mate. I knew you wouldn't let me down Lol

• Haha
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice to see the renewal of this base Paul. We spend hrs building these bases, sadly most only have one use, none of mine are as big as this and the even larger one you had with all those vehicles on .
Dzhon.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks guys. It lends itself to photography much better than the "big dio" for small units. I used the burnt/blown up buildings base a bunch of times also. The "Tigers on the Prowl I" base (Jagdpanthers & Jagdtigers) fell to the floor and is now set aside for rebuilding. PaulE

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Working first Preiser 3ton prime mover. They are very fragile. These are excellent models I have added some details to like the combat harnesses which are nine discrete pieces each. Gun crews to follow.
C&Cs encouraged. PaulE

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Very nice,Paul.
I feel your pain with the combat harnesses,I found them irritating at 1-32 scale,all those tiny seam lines!
or have you scratched them?

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looking fwd to the next issue of " The World Of 1/87 with brother Paul "
Dzhon .

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks gents. Neil, seam lines are less of a problem in 1/87 as everything is so durn small. Combat harness is mostly Preiser components. Lets see, shelter half, mess kit, canteen, gas mask container (cheese barrel), bread bag, harness (scratched), entrenching tool, bayonet (sometimes in boot or none), & two 3paks of rifle cartridges or one 3pak of MP mags. PaulE

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Yes Paul the Preiser units are very good looking and Durned expensive for the size of them. Nice progress so far. Looking forward to more. Rick H.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Well Rick, our chosen scale hasen't been cheap since the turn of the century. Preiser, IMHO, is the gold standard for 1/87 figs & their other military offerings. ArsenalM, Herpa, WSW, Wespe, Trident are all at or close to that price range except for the older plastic offerings. ROCO, Heiser and Alsacast are less expensive. Fidelis Models, Small Scale Hobbies, Reynaulds, & Walthers are the importers I check with often for buys, as well as E-Bay. Deals can be had. Thanks for following. PaulE

Last edited: