1-87 Scale Luftwaffe Airfield Water Bowser By Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Tim, I've managed to move the needle a little on this...... we'll see what happens today.
Thanks for stopping by. :thumb2: Rick H.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Rick
Great project. You are really good at these conversions. This is looking excellent and your work at this scale is impressive. Love the use of the drill box :thumb2:
Jim

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Scottie......it is a tad small but so much fun! No worries about where to put it when its done! LOL ;) Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Jim, Glad you stopped by.....yeah, the drill case was a last minute innovation. One has to be on the look out for anything usable in this scale....I think it's half the fun sometimes. Rick H.:thumb2:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Conversion is coming togethe4 now Rick. Reminds me of Jack Jones’ butchers van :tongue-out3:

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Right hand drive? He's driving on the wrong side of the road? What's up?

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Tim....glad you're liking it, it's a fun little project and I am having to be really "light" handed in doing this .....sort of like working with egg shells. Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Mick........good of you to drop by and thanks for the nice comment. I hope This won't need stitches, I'm having enough difficulty just getting the CA and Cement where I want it. :rolling: Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Yup.....RH drive was the order of the day on these early Military rigs....a couple of years earlier and you'd be seeing a chain drive under this crate. Thanks for stopping by......currently working on the top hatch for the tank and am hoping to get the tank railing fabbed up and the hose brackets as well..........we'll see.;)
Rick H

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That is rather nice. That anyone builds a kit in this scale amazes me. That you can scratch build one!!! In my stiff fingers it would end up either crushed of dropped (at least five times!).
Great work.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Coming along strong. The handrail IS pretty amazing. PaulE

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Ian, I'm a little stiff in the hands myself....guess one could call this "therapy". :thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Tim, still a few small items to take care....getting closer. Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Paul, it's bigger than it looks.....over an inch long and half an inch wide. Made a small form block out of plastic and formed each end around it trimmed the excess rod, squared it up and butt soldered the end.....kept me out of the Missus hair for a couple hours ;) Rick H.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Well you have been busy my frined! Wonderful attention to detail. Stunning work as always