1/87 Tiger Recovery in the Tyrol

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Modified Trident Bergepanther & two Famos (Alsacast & Wespe) recovering a Herpa Sturmtiger in a mountain pass in 1/87 scale using Preiser & ROCO figs349504
C&Cs encouraged. PaulE.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
You're always welcome Scottie. Hope this turns out OK, lots of gardening to do & the 4, maybe 5 automotive pieces have to be finished as well. I have a crowd of Preiser civies I hope to use as crew, riggers & diggers. PaulE

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Some background. Herpa Sturmtiger's hitch was small bump in plastic. Had to scratch one to accept B&T clevis. Had to scratch cable end sturdy enough to support B&T tension.
Modified Trident "naked" (no winch-no spade) Bergepanther to Flak Bergepanther w/extension of hitch to prevent fouling of B&T on tracks.
Wespe rear & Alsacast front hitches reworked to accept ROCO tow bar & drop pins.
Rear Alsacast hitch replaced w/drop pin modified ROCO hitch.
C&Cs encouraged. PaulE

D

Deleted member 7181

Loads of intricate work already. I can't imagine how you manage it on such a small scale!

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
This is going to be awesome. Crackin start on the vehicles. Looking forward to seeing how the landscape comes out. Good luck

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thank you gentlemen. This is the only scale I've spent any time with since the eighties. PaulE

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Looking the "Dogs" Paul, your progress so far is commendable. Can't beat '87 scale for getting big things done in a small space, moggel on meistro. Rick H.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
For the uneducated amongst us, or just me. Pray tell - what is a mellowfahess? :smiling5: . I thought it was more baked Alaska myself :smiling:

Penny has dropped! Hell of a mess :thumb2:

Last edited:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Paul
Love the dio idea. Another masterpiece in you trademark scale. Scratching stuff at this scale must need good eyes and a steady hand.
Jim

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks guys. I'm determined to have a working block & tackle that is tight & sightly as I'm still ticked off about my tow truck rig loosening. PaulE

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Some base progress.
The last forty figs have been swallowed up as replacements elsewhere, so here's another batch. Some more replacements & the riggers, diggers, & crews for this project.
C&Cs encouraged. PaulE

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
You gotta love this scale to want to do that many figs. at one time. I get bleary eyed just looking at them! It's easy to visualize the loss of an armoured vehicle in that type of terrain. Will you muddy it up to show that the sure footed Sturmie got a little too close to the edge or perhaps blown off in an ariel or artillary bombardment? Looks good so far can't wait to see the gardening. Rick H.

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks Rick. It's lots more fun if you do all the gear they normally carry. Because these'll be working crew, their stuff will be in their vehicles, so they're pretty boring. I'm going with a final drive failure that put it over the edge cause I don't wanna carve more foam:crying:. PaulE

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks Scottie. I keep getting distracted by other unit needs for figs as my stash is not endless. PaulE