1/87 Tiger Recovery in the Tyrol

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hi Paul - the grass mat has a rather definite edge with a bit of a gap underneath it making it look sat on, rather than part of, the landscape. Could do with the edges blending in more

The rock face and earth would benefit from some dry brushing to bring out the highs and lows to make it look more 3d rather than just a slab of colour

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks guys. Yes Simon, the white glue for the dirt lifted the edges a bit. When I add some greenery to the dirt face it should bring out the contours more & I'll blend in the mat more then. Those tall people who hang out with my grandchildren had some fresh black cherries that went very well with the wine. Good food, good company. A good time. PaulE

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Glad you were able to get away and spend some time with the family. Sounds like you really enjoyed yourself. Liking your progress so far, too bad about the block & tackle. Sure you'll get it sorted. Mr. T as usual is spot on. Cheers, Rick .

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Very nice indeed Paul. I miss looking at your gorgeous rugged looks. Please put back your avatar as I get easily confused :smiling5:

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Tried to update the avatar w/my summer cut but the the @#$%^&(&^%$# software kept chopping off the right side no matter what I did. Will try again. PaulE

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Road building continues. I think I have the banking/grading cross section correct. Drainage capacity has been enlarged for spring melt.
Can't find pavement marking examples for this period secondary German/Austrian roads. Seems to be none. Comments? PaulE

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Paul
Each update shows the groundwork getting better so the wine must be working :smiling: Love dios with height - most bases tend to be pretty level but whenever I see a dio with high cliffs, tall trees or multi storied buildings they always have an extra something.
Jim

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thank you gentlemen. Still trying to find pavement markings for WWII German/Austrian roads. PaulE

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Progress pics. Found no pavement marking examples so will go w/none. Added grate to culvert entrance, some rip rap (to chk size), some greenery & touched up massif edge. Sorted tangled block'n'tackle. Ordered another Alsacast FAMO. Next step-blend in the massif to the base.
C&Cs welcomed. PaulE

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Paul,
Seem to have completely missed your Dio coming together:flushed:
it’s coming along very nicely indeed:thumb2:

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks guys. Struggling w/mojo on this project as executing the imagined has proven more difficult than anticipated. PaulE

minitnkr

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Passed on blending massif as can't find right color rip rap that is right size & played w/dirt and flora, my first loves.
C&Cs encouraged. PaulE

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Keep it going Paul, nothing amiss there. Agree with Jim about the hight makes it most impressive.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Personally Paul I still think you should experiment with some washes and dry brushing to blend it all together

Black or dark brown wash all over to enhance the shadows, then dry brush each colour gradually lightening it to bring out the highlights, taking the colours across each other at the boundaries to blend together without such harsh transitions

I learned a new term anyway - rip rap - not come across that before :thumb2:

Now I know what it is I would say you don't need it to be a specific colour - just glue it down and paint it the desired colour and again dry brush it to bring out the highlights and add a bit of variation to things