1-87 Zis 5 Tanker for Mr. T.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thank You Graeme, I hope I'm able to do this justice....will be posting further updates later on. Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Here is the latest in my efforts to replicate Mr. T's Zis 5 fuel tanker......I got the interior done, scratched up a tranny "hump", gear shift and emergency brake lever. Next up was the exhaust and driveline. Forgot to mention the spare tire on yesterdays post did a little filling around the fill cap dome. also drilled out the headlights for lenses. Rick H.P1011458.JPGP1011457.JPGP1011459.JPGP1011461.JPG

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Rick. Very nice update. I like the interior as well as the drive line and exhaust. Waiting patiently for your next move.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Rick

That is looking very good so far. Keep up the good work.

Andrew

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Tim, Andrew and Ralph, Thanks for the kind words.......been fighting with my version of the fuel hose, it's rather tricky at this scale. I'll post a pic. later on after I've beat it into submission. Thanks again for stopping by. Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thank You Richard and Jim, as I write this I am struggling to produce a bucket that Si had determined was necessary to hang from the right rear tow hook on his build (see his thread for a pic.) claiming you "always need a bucket". So I make a bucket....hope I don't go blind first :nerd: Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi everyone, Getting close to the end of this build.......need to review Mr. T's build thread to see how I am going to paint this. I won't be doing the tip out wind screen, too fiddly. today's update includes a bit of chain around the front tow hooks, a cab mounted fire bottle, the fuel hose and brackets to hold it and that damn bucket. (PITA) I placed a Dutch dime (10 ct) coin next to this rig for size comparison hope this gives you an idea as to the teeeeeeeeeny size of the bucket. Rick H.P1011463.JPGP1011464.JPGP1011465.JPGP1011466.JPGP1011467.JPGP1011468.JPG

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Absolutely Beautiful Work Rick. One seems to forget how tiny these 1/87 scale kits are. I tip my hat to you Sir. I think Simon would definitely approve, especially the bucket.......

Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Allen, I'm glad the bucket thing is over with. Just got the headlights and windshield wiper located and installed. Searching now for a credible photo image of a location for a tail light.....no luck so far. Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Lee, this thing is so close to paint I can smell it.......hope to accomplish that tomorrow at the latest.
Thanks for dropping by. Rick H.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hi Rick,

I went through some references, my Dragon re-box of the Alan Zis-5 kit and scalemates and didn't find anything about a tail light on these puppys. A lot had only one headlight and a lot more had two headlights. Maybe they made them without one to save costs. Most had brakes only on the rear wheels too...

Sorry I can't be more help Buddy...............

Allen