120mm British Paras

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Safe journey and hopefully not too much emergency when you arrive?

Catch up when you recover

Regards

Steve H

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
Enjoy the Granddadding. I spent yesterday with our little poppet. She's 18 months now. Fed the ducks, went to the kiddies playground, did some shopping etc. Her mum and dad were there and my missus but I still came home exhausted!!
Face is up to your usual high standards but the smock with the scarf is exceptional - I really like that.
Jim

D

Deleted member 6559

Steve and Jim - many thanks for looking in. I won't be able to get back to this one until Monday, which is a little frustrating. My daughter is having a lot of post caesarian pain, poor thing, so it's all a bit full-on.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Nice rendition to the Denison smock Peter, this being the first pattern style which smudged and faded because of the dye used. :thumb2:
The smock is of the first pattern as well without the long zipper. You have also painted him in between operations as the webbing isn't blancoed and are in basic khaki.
The face and stance makes him more officer material.

Cheers,
Richard

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice rendition of the camo Grandiddy, really looks the part. Hope your daughter improves quickly as well. I think because it’s so common that people forget a C section is a relatively major operation....and new kids don’t let you rest like you need to....

D

Dave S4

All looking good, Peter.
I hope your family members are okay now, or heading that way at the very least.

D

Deleted member 6559

Richard - I bow to your expertise on the uniform details, but it looks like Moz Corry (for it is he again) got it right. I agree about the stance, but Moz always makes them long and lean.

Ian - I still get quite apprehensive when tackling camo. I decided on a slightly different approach on this one, completing each small section in turn.

Tim - Thanks. A Caesarian is considered major surgery. She's had a lot of pain, but I think has turned a corner.

Save - Glad you like him my friend.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Peter
Our daughter was born by emergency C section....six weeks early. I was told by the midwife “you can be present at the birth, but keep out of the way, and if you faint you’re on your own”. Didn’t go down too well when I asked if I could watch :cool:
Best thing is the Dad gets to cuddle first....and she was born on Father’s Day...

D

Dave S4

Watching your child being born is a treat never to be forgotten.
Absolutely wonderful.

D

Deleted member 6559

Absolutely Dave. I've been there three times and now my eldest is repeating the process - wonderful.

D

Deleted member 6559

OK, back in the saddle.

The legs are now done:

100_2954.JPG100_2955 (2).JPG

I found painting really hard to get back into after six days away from the bench, but I got there in the end. Painting a Moz Corry figure is very different from the more run of the mill offerings because of the sheer amount of detail sculpted into the folds and creases - it all gives a much more realistic, worn look to the clothing.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Stunning work Peter. The painting of the clothing is an exemplary example of your skill .
John .

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Peter

Very fine painting of the clothing, you have captured the detailed worn look of the trousers with particular skill. Having said that I think there seems to be something strange about the overall anatomy of this guy. I have seen this in other Corry figures. It looks like a very nice bust that has had the lower part added later and is hence way out of proportion with his legs not matching the size of the torso. His crotch seems far too low making his legs too short for the top half.

John

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Peter, the painting is excellent. :thumb2:

Having said that as well I only just noticed that too John but my gripe on the trousers would be the folds on the back are too many resembling thin cloth with creases. If I'm not mistaken British Infantry wore heavy wool serge or battledress serge and seldom crease easily but have larger folds.

Cheers,
Richard

D

Deleted member 6559

Many thanks re the painting chaps.

I agree that Moz Corry does have a somewhat 'singular' style - very long and rangy, giving the impression that his characters are very tall - the heads also tend to be quite small further adding to that impression. Also agree re the trousers Richard, though I suppose wool could get like that if it was very wet.

Having said all that he's good enough for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HerrElektrika

Looks great so far, I’m sure they will be beautifully done as your work typically is. On their way to Nijmegen bridge!!

D

Deleted member 6559

Thanks Steven

Hopefully I'll finish him tomorrow.