28mm Austin K2 'Luke Warm in Cairo'

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Chris

There coming on nicely....and the K2 is coming in nicely too.

ATB.

Andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I will follow please Chris .

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I will follow please Chris .
John, the yellow brick road is to the left, follow that as the road tapers. Don't be distracted when you pass the 1/35 sign, just carry on till you come to 28mm.:smiling6: The only thing I dislike about metal figures is that it's near impossible to modify the poses, it's basically a clean up and paint job. The really good sculpted ones are nice though to collect as is with no paint on, just some buffing and clean up of mold lines will do for me.
Chris, your figgies will look good next to Katy as a portrait shot you proposed earlier.

Cheers,
Wabble

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
But why we're really here:
IMG_1041.JPG
Just testing out the colours at the moment, hence she's a little rough. All brush painting os far
This is the shade for the exterior, with slightly darker interior, and very dark shade underneath to enhance shadows
Inside will be satin overspray, outside needs to look a bit rougher and very matt. And dusty. The roundels will not be white. but the will have an over 'sticker' for the horizontal cross

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Okay, colour blocking is done. Think it's fine so far.
IMG_1048.JPGIMG_1050.JPGIMG_1051.JPG

Still, kind of in two minds about putting in the dashboard. I probably won't as it will be almost completely invisible. Buut, I did put in the fire extinguisher...

So, next step is the red cross roundels

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Wll, time for an update, after a while

IMG_1104.JPG
Been having some trouble with the red-cross roundels. Looks like I can't cut a circle in masking tape! This is the second attempt and much more successful than the first, but still needs work
The roof is just laid on and not attached yet.
Once the markings are on to my satisfaction, time for the matt varnish overspray and weathering. Not necessarily in that order

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:Nice work around Chris .Love those figures.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking very good Chris. A question…..how are you going to weather the Katy? Just interested because she’s in greyscale so normal pigments won’t work……
Figures look good. One query though……Are you going to bring out the shape of the faces a little more on the lads? You’ve done it well on her nibs, but just a touch of highlight on the foreheads, noses, and chins of the chaps will really make them pop…..

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Hey Tim
I'm not sure if the gloss varnish on the skin tones will give enough of a highlight so I probably will spot light them a bit

As to weathering, I do have some off-whit/ pale grey pastels I use on 1/6th figures for dirt/dust effects, so that's the plan
Once I can get the roindels to my satisfaction