A-10A Thunderbolt II - 1:48 Revell

D

Deisenaut

Still no A-10 model :sad: - 5 weeks and counting! FFS - I tried my best to support my local model shop but I think this is taking the p**s! I had all my resin extras all painted up 2 weeks ago!

D

Deisenaut

Well after however long it's been now, I find out that my LHS can't get the Hobbyboss A-10 and their getting me the Revell - not sure how i'm gonna get on trying to fit the Aires Hobbyboss resin kits into it, but we'll see if it's possible - what do ya think?

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
I don't know how realistic you want to model your aircraft but this cockpit is A model, not a C.

D

Deisenaut

yeah - it looks like the model is a pre-laste as well so I reckon I might just go and build an 'A' - I have spang decals for the most part and Flying Razorbacks for the FS decals, but am thinking about just going for a spang 81st FS pre-laste circa 2004 - i'll use the Razorback decals next time round!

First Name
Sebastijan aka Seb
I vote for Euro-1 scheme and some Desert Storm veteran :D

D

Deisenaut

my a-10 arrived but it doesnt look like the resin cockpit /wheel bays are compatible (as resin sets are for hobbyboss butthis is Revell) - they could probably be modded but that could be beyond me! If i can find a good resource for updating an a-10a pre-LASTE to post-LASTE then I will go with my original Flying Razorbacks version A. Any advise on either issues greatly appreciated!

D

dubster72

That's a shame Mike after your work getting the resin bits sorted & painted. Frankly, I'd get your money back if you ordered the Hobbyboss kit & took the Revell just because your LMS could'nt come through on their promise.

Have you asked John if he can source it?

Good luck with however you get on

Patrick

B

Buttonman

Best thing to do with resin is bin it, had loads of help from the guys here but still bugger'd it up.

If John can't get one try this shop.

https://www.fmc-shop.com/

hope this helps

Martin

N

noble

hi mate I've been following this as i have both the tamiya and the revell kits but have been unable to find a resin cockpit for either make let alone seat harnesses. i think I'll just have to bite the bullet and build them from the box.

Scott

D

Deisenaut

i think im just gonna bite the bullet here as its the only LHS i have - i did a dry fit of the cockpit last night and think it is do-able

D

Deisenaut

i did it - i modded my brand new model to accomodate the resin cockpit. Not going to post any pics until i have it looking nice again - its a bit ugly at the moment!

D

dubster72

Well done Mike! Good to see you managed it & hopefully we'll see the pictures once you've tidied it up.

Cheers

Patrick

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Lookin' damn fine that is Mike, nice work with the resin.

Have fun, John

D

dubster72

Looks very good already Mike. A bit more clean up & once it's painted, it'll look like it was made for that kit.

Cheers

Patrick

D

dubster72

It's all about the practice Mike! It's starting to really look like a Hog now!

Cheers

Patrick