A-26b invader 1/48

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Fantastic work mark , its looking superb . Loving following this as its all helpful stuff for when i get round to starting mine . So far it looks like its been a fairly trouble free build , great for a kit that a lot of people would disregard straightaway because of the toolings age and raised panel lines. Me? I just love these old Monogram kits and raised lines dont put me off , you just need a bit more patience cleaning up seams to try and preserve them . looking forward to the next instalment , cheers tony
Thanks Tony, no real problems and a more experienced plane builder will breeze through it, no major fit issues a bit of sanding and some and clamps and tape can't deal with,was a bit of warping on the top part of one wing but supporting either end and placing a weight in the middle while the glue dryed overcome that.nose cone could have fitted a bit better but think that's down to me taking the tape off a bit to soon and the 40g weight pulled it apart a little,but live and learn.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Hi Mark
Great looking paint job. Metallics are sometimes difficult. Well done with figures.
Jim
Thanks Jim did get a little sag in my gloss coat due to painting in bad light but I should be able to wet sand it back and it's under the main decal on the fuselage so my sins should be hidden :tongue-out3:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
VERY well done Mark this is one of my fav planes an that cockpit is out of this world an the figures brilliant an you say you havnt done many planes well you are a very good moddeler that i can see well done :thumb2:
chris

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Update: I've just got to put the props on and done it think :smiling:
It'll be in completed section tomorrow when I've taken some pics with some daylight. Thanks for looking in:thumb2:20210907_220856.jpg

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Made a start with the decals,seem to be going on well, I find spending ages rolling a damp cotton bud backwards and forwards smoothing them out strangely enjoyable lol.View attachment 432190
That's the way to do it to press out all the bubbles and water...many have wiped and dislodged their decals ruining them.

Cheers,
Richard

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great work Mark. Just had a read through after my earlier post .
Impressive work on all the parts of this. Figures look good, you should be pleased, as for the props , don't they look the part . Think this will earn you a Dog's !

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Mark

Sorry got behind on this. Just had a catch-up. That really has turned out very nicely indeed.

Very well done.

Andrew

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
What does PE stand for? (Asked on the basis that there's no such thing as a stupid question).
Don't worry, it's not Physical Education. I think those days are behind most of us.

• Haha
Reactions: JR

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
All looking quite splendid Mark. Figures are spot on.