A-26b invader 1/48

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Looks fantastic to me. Nothing wrong with those seatbelts either! Might be telling you to suck eggs, but if you get a kit with duff or poorly moulded belts you can get aftermarket seats.
Cheers Tim, they look OK and the fact it was a cheap kit at a penny under 20 quid I would like to keep it that way really.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mark
The cockpit is excellent. Nice realistic wear and tear.
Jim

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Hi Mark
The cockpit is excellent. Nice realistic wear and tear.
Jim
Thanks Jim, had a go with an acrylic wash, then the usual silver drybush, tryed the sponge chipping as well which I've not tried before.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Got it in primer, a light sand in a couple of spots,might go with some white preshade here a there ,I'll try and bring out the panel lines after all the colour has gone on with weathering as there raised and I think that's my best hope.20210818_232950.jpg20210818_232851.jpg

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Mark, I love bling without the shine and whaddaya mean looks ok...bloody fantastic cockpit for just a few planes under your belt.
Looking forward to the paint.

Cheers,
Richard

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Mark
Looks great with the primer on. I haven't built that many planes but always felt relieved when the canopy fitted ok.
Jim

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Mark, I love bling without the shine and whaddaya mean looks ok...bloody fantastic cockpit for just a few planes under your belt.
Looking forward to the paint.

Cheers,
Richard
Thanks Richard :thumb2: hopefully the outside will be OK as well :smiling:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on nicely mark. Figures are looking ok too.

Have a look at this thread for a simple technique to get you started on figure painting.... I've found it invaluable

ATB

Andrew

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Coming on nicely mark. Figures are looking ok too.

Have a look at this thread for a simple technique to get you started on figure painting.... I've found it invaluable

ATB

Andrew
Thanks Andrew, I've got a set of 5 British infantry in 1.35, to have a proper go with so all tips will help ,cheers.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Fantastic work mark , its looking superb . Loving following this as its all helpful stuff for when i get round to starting mine . So far it looks like its been a fairly trouble free build , great for a kit that a lot of people would disregard straightaway because of the toolings age and raised panel lines. Me? I just love these old Monogram kits and raised lines dont put me off , you just need a bit more patience cleaning up seams to try and preserve them . looking forward to the next instalment , cheers tony