The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
A`noon Chaps,
Jim,Thanks for that Sir:smiling: ,
Scottie,Cheers Buddy:thumb2:,
Steve,Much appreciated mate,trying to scratch some bits for inside of the trailer..... the outside will have it`s share too;),
Some progress to report,(a bit picture heavy i`m afraid!),First the Jeep,stowage is started,decaled up and tentative early weathering begun,some touch up is required and the seats to yet be added........
IMG_20200406_124132_BURST001_COVER.jpg
IMG_20200406_124209.jpg
Not sure why it looks a bit "Pink" on the can there-it ain`t!!.......
IMG_20200406_124140.jpg
I`ve seen picks with rope tied very tight and neatly around the fender,but i prefer the loose,hurried look!! A lot to still do on this one,but it`s getting there!....... Next,just a quickie of the slightly roughed up trailer,again,still very much a "W.I.P."
IMG_20200406_124318.jpg
....... The Truck progress in a few minutes........ TBC......

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
.......... ok then,The Truck:rolling:!!
This has fought all the way in regards the Load Bed.......
IMG_20200406_123010.jpg
......Gonna take a fair bit of clean up! The Engine compartment was also a bugger to get to fit onto the chassis and cab footing,brute force was called upon,and eventually it went into place.So we now have what looks very much....a TRUCK!!........
IMG_20200406_124433.jpg
IMG_20200406_124455.jpg
IMG_20200406_124512.jpg
IMG_20200406_124542.jpg
Despite it being just a 1/35th version,(and still pretty "Naked" at that!!),you can "Feel" it`s power IMHO,it just oozes strength with it`s shape and style:cool:.
Thanks for looking in guys,as usual,any thoughts,hints,tips or abuse is most welcomed!!
Cheers,
Andy

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Looking very good Andy and I see you haven't lost your touch either. I am curious about one thing though. What are the cookie crumbs on the underside of the jeep fenders??? Was the jeep driving around inside the Keebler factory???

Prost and Bleib Gesund
Allen

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
HA! Nice one Allen,(and thanks for the compliment by the way!!:smiling4:),
Well,in these days where i can`t go out and buy more pigments for my earth effects,i have to think outta the box and grab substances from wherever i can........ if it happens to be the food cupboard then,so be it!!;)
Cheers,
Andy

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Good god its Mr Smith!!!!

Great to see you back sticking your fingers together lol

Looking the business, very tidy build so far Andy

Welcome back

Bob

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Shaping up nicely. Did the maker forget the handbrake handle on the front of the trailer? PaulE

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Is it safe to come in now...heard there was a wrestling match with a Dodge Truck...who won? :smiling6:

Smithy!!! You're back...this should be interesting, already three vehicles and a bunch of idle troops and a motorcycle in the dio... starting an invasion? Looking forward for more. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Bob!! Cheers mate,although the Jeep isn`t so "Tidy" anymore;) !
Paul,Ah,i didn`t even think about that..... well spotted,i`ll see what i can do:thumb2:,
Richard,Welcome aboard Bud,a mini invasion indeed......and my very first go at American stuff:surprised:!!
Steve,Thanks mate,the Jeep is very nearly finished now,(Final pics will be up tonight).Then it`s on with the Truck,and begin the first Driver figure,indeed,there will be a winch chain-this arrived from F.O.G. models yesterday specifically for that reason.......
IMG_20200410_132353.jpg
That`s it for now Chaps,as i said,i`ll put up some pics of the completed Jeep and Trailer tonight:smiling:,
Thanks for looking in,
Cheers,
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
......Ooops,that took longer than i thought!!:anguished:,
So then,apart from the terrain weathering when the dio`s done,this little Jeep is DONE!! I`ve messed about with it a bit,added some stowage,(not for the Trailer mind..... got stuff in the post to go towards that),nabbed some bits from the spares box and i`m leaving it alone until when it`s due to take up it`s position........ `Ere be pics...........
IMG_20200411_003926.jpg
The trailer on it`s own now..... for Paul E- I tried to squeeze in a bit to show the handbrake cable........
IMG_20200411_005516.jpg
Jeep only now,with netting.........not sure if that was a good idea or not:anguished:,oh well,too late now!!.....
IMG_20200411_005150.jpg
IMG_20200411_005308.jpg
IMG_20200411_005353.jpg
IMG_20200411_005447.jpg
So there,2nd vehicle for the dio. next is onwards with the truck and first driver figure.More of that tomorrow mind,thanks for looking in,and of course,any thoughts,hints,tips,or plain old abuse is ALWAYS gladly received!!
Cheers for now,
Andy

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hi Andy - some feedback for you below

axe and shovel metal bits, usually protective coat of black or green not bare metal

The top bit of the axe you have painted silver but that should be body colour - it is a metal holder that the axe blade sits inside. You can see the curved top of it in the photos below

IMG_6090.JPGjeep1-58.JPG

there is something spooky happening with your windscreen as well

it should lean back and sit on the rear edge of the scuttle, not stick up vertical with a gap underneath it
P1040126.JPG

Last edited:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Andy, some more feedback...spend some time getting rid of seam lines that show up on your second photo. Close ups are never friendly with us modelers. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks Guys..... Good points,well made.:thumb2:
Simon,The windscreen was just me being dumb.... I just clipped it into the locating points and didn`t pull it back from the top-it now slopes back and the gap has closed up:smiling4:!
Richard...... AH!!! Missed that one on the Jerry can there,again it`s not very accessible,but i have a cunning plan........how about an old rag draped down the side to cover it up?!!;)
Thanks for taking the time to post up men......most appreciated:cool:.
Cheers,
Andy

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice to see you around the parish again young Andy :smiling3:..

Nice looking build mate.
Mrs R sends her love:blow-kiss:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Cheers Chaps,
Scottie,Thanks Buddy,too kind:smiling4:!
John,Thank you too Sir:thumb2:,and a big HI to Christine :cool:.
So the first figure is together,a bit of filler needed,but not too much......
IMG_20200403_205832_BURST001_COVER.jpg
it`s this chap,and i`m trusting the box for paint colours........
IMG_20200411_145559.jpg
and with the filler......
IMG_20200411_145318.jpg
As for the Truck,well,the Dash is done and loadbed almost complete,but more of that later...... think i`m going to crack open the box on this one in a mo.........
download (2).jpg
Can`t wait to get stuck into this!! Thanks for looking in chaps,usual stuff more than welcomed!!
Cheers,
Andy

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Lovely work on the jeep. I'd be happy with the netting. Looks realistic to me. That looks a cracking figure Smiffy. Looking forward to seeing how you tackle it.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi mate , thought you'd built the biker before in the "other house "

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Lovely work on the jeep. I'd be happy with the netting. Looks realistic to me. That looks a cracking figure Smiffy. Looking forward to seeing how you tackle it.
Cheers Steve,
Yes he will be a challenge,(I haven`t done a figure since the "No Smoking" Vignette,a while ago now:rolling: ),but i do like his pose,leaning on a bonnet.
Mr. Race Sir,You`re thinking of the kit with the rider using his Bike as a shield,it`s not completed yet.....good memory mate:thumb2:,
Cheers,
Andy