A welcomed break.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Yes that's the one Andy, hope you've kept it ?

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Mr R. Yep,i`ve kept it..... it`s back in it`s box awaiting attention!! :thumb2:
Some progress has been made,Decals,running boards,cab stuff together and spare wheel in place,ere be pics........
IMG_20200415_183309.jpg
Very truck like now,but i prefer it "Windscreen Down"look...........
IMG_20200415_183658.jpg
IMG_20200415_183638.jpg

It just looks SO MEAN like that!! I had a fight with the decals,especially on the curve of the bonnet sides,but plenty of Sol/Set and finished with a dose of Dullcote soon had them sorted!
I`m currently finishing off the load bed,then,as far as completion.......it`ll just be the MG mount then finals
Thanks for lookin in Guys,take care,
ANDY

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Have to agree the screen down does have an edge to it Andy.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thank you Guys,
John,There`s just something about that "No Screen look"!! :cool:
Steve,the Decs are just OLD,so just temperamental really...... a bit of Sol/Set and Dullcote and they stand no chance!!:nerd:
Well Chaps...... WE HAVE A TRUCK !!......
Build complete,stowage loaded and winch made.As with the other Vehicles for this Dio,the main weathering will be done when it`s position is finally settled.So,some pics......
IMG_20200420_201734.jpg
IMG_20200420_202257.jpg
IMG_20200420_202355.jpg
IMG_20200420_202331_BURST002.jpg
I do have more detailed pics,but don`t want to bore you to death!! Thanks for looking in,all thoughts welcomed.
Now it`s over to some figures for a while,
Cheers Chaps,
Andy

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well Andy you don't disappoint, it's looking good. Think it's a long time since I've seen a model of a truck with the screen down.
I don't have problems when the wheels don't all touch the ground either anymore, I employ thick mud:smiling3:.
Loving the crap in the back, any wardrobes this time :nerd:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Quality work like this deserves a closer look so feel free to add more photos my friend. Like it a lot.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Ha!! No wardrobes this time John..... mind you,that Henschel was one BIG Truck:astonished:.
No mud required either..... all wheels do touch,(For once!!),Sir.

Steve,Thanks mate,ok then..... just a few:smiling4:!!
Winchy bit........
IMG_20200422_172015.jpg
IMG_20200422_172203.jpg
The mixed up load bed......and from a slightly different view......
IMG_20200422_172246.jpg
and finally........
IMG_20200420_202305.jpg
So,it`s off to sit with it`s Dio Buddies for a while,with the Harley and Figures take centre stage here.(and i`m still making the load for the Jeep`s Trailer;)).
Cheers all,thanks for looking in,
Andy

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hi Andy,

A very nice job on the trucky and the wares it is carrying in the back. Also glad to hear that all 6 touch the ground too!!! Good stuff going on here buddy...….

I have a question as I am not too familiar with this truck. How does the driver get in and out with the spare tire blocking his way??? Does he get in and out from the passenger side??? If I was the driver, I would be pretty peeved with the tire in the way...…...

Bleib Gesund
Allen

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi Andy,

A very nice job on the trucky and the wares it is carrying in the back. Also glad to hear that all 6 touch the ground too!!! Good stuff going on here buddy...….

I have a question as I am not too familiar with this truck. How does the driver get in and out with the spare tire blocking his way??? Does he get in and out from the passenger side??? If I was the driver, I would be pretty peeved with the tire in the way...…...

Bleib Gesund
Allen
Hi Allen,
Thanks for the support:thumb2:!
As for the Driver`s access,i had the same thought when i stuck the post with the wheel on in place.(There are no actual Doors on these?!!),so i guess that on the real thing there was probably a hinge on said post so you could swing it open to get in?..... Just a guess though. I expect PaulE will know the answer!!
Cheers mate,
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looking very good. No hinge, limited access trade off. Same for 3/4 ton WC version. Pretty sure no doors till post war versions. Bumper markings a mystery to me. PaulE
Thanks Paul,i KNEW you`d have the answer to that one! The Decs on the Bumpers are just as per the destructions,and for " An Army WC 63 Normandy region 1944"....... apparently??!!:rolling:
Cheers,
Andy

Last edited:

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Dodge WC62_00002.JPG
regarding access this is a WC62 (no winch) that I saw at a show a few years back

Dodge WC62_00011.JPG
Dodge WC62_00029.JPG
judging by the paint wear on these two panels it looks like they probably use the corner of the wheel tray and then swing up on to that corner section of the rear bed

Andy - is there an ammo box to go with the 50cal?

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy - is there an ammo box to go with the 50cal?
Hi Simon,good to see you and thanks for those pics-interesting stuff!
Well spotted with the ammo box:astonished:!! I completely forgot to add it on....... i put it to one side,(because it`s rubbish:poop:),and instead of trying to improve it....... i forgot about !
I`ll see what i can do.......'
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Right then..... I`m gonna have a quick moan!!:confounded:
I`ve picked the 3 Drivers,and 2 Officers that i want to use,put `em together,(Apart from the Jerry Can guy`s arm, cos the can doesn`t sit right),and blocked in some base colours.Figure painting isn`t my strong suit,so any help is eagerly gleamed...... from ANYWHERE ........ so when the actual manufacturers throw a spanner in i get Royally narked!!:dizzy:
Here are the figures,first up the 2 Officers.....
IMG_20200426_134033.jpg
IMG_20200426_134646.jpg
The 2nd Chap,you may have noticed,has not had his Jacket done.Simple reason is that Box Destructions use this helpful guide for the 2 different "Browns",numberS 843.......
IMG_20200426_135957.jpg
And what`s worse?....... 843 is actually NEITHER of the ones quoted........ it`s "Cork Brown"!
Secondly,these are the 3 Drivers.......
IMG_20200426_133835.jpg
IMG_20200426_134421.jpg
IMG_20200426_134511.jpg
Apart from some seams that i missed they look kinda ok eh?......NO!! To me the gear they`re wearing looks Grey,unlike the Boxart which looks a type of Olive Green......Like in the pick below,but the number you can clearly see is "Grey",(Actually VJ call it "London Grey").Unless i can find out otherwise i`ll stick with the Grey......but it doesn`t feel right!!
IMG_20200426_140237.jpg
Sorry..... RANT over......I`ll do some seam removal and then start some shading,any thoughts very welcomed Chaps,thanks for looking in!
Cheers,
Andy