Ade's M3A3 Bradley w/Busk III

D

dougie

looking ace mate, I hope the floor is getting some muck, they have obviously had their feet on the benches! Very neat work, looking forward to more

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
that's looking great !!, the silver shroud round the bottom of the turret enclosure, is that a decal or supplied as metal, or painted ?

First Name
Adrian
\ said:
that's looking great !!, the silver shroud round the bottom of the turret enclosure, is that a decal or supplied as metal, or painted ?
It's painted with Mr Hobby Metal Color Aluminium and then washed with Citadel Nuln oil.

Adrian

First Name
Adrian
Well, the interior set of parts is all done, now I can follow the regular build for the main assembly :smiling3:

I know some detail will be hard to spot once it all goes together but I'm hoping people have a look inside and through hatches that I'm planning to leave open :smiling3:

I did plan a diorama out for it but that was before I decided to leave everything open, anyone know of a set of 1:35th modern American mechanics that I could put along side. Its that or just place it on a presentation base with a plaque.

More pictures soon :smiling3:

View attachment 119971

View attachment 119972

View attachment 119973

View attachment 119974

View attachment 119975

View attachment 119976

View attachment 119977

View attachment 119978

Comments welcomed

Adrian

001.JPG

002.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

014.JPG

015.JPG

016.JPG

First Name
Robert
Hi Ade

Never been much of a tank builder ( I have a few on the go..... But details etc Anyway just caught up with this and wow what a fantastic achievement you have made so far ( and this is just the interior!!!!

Never had the nerve to go into they much detail with kits but this is starting to make me think again.

The details fantastic from the engine to the information plaques etc etc

Well done you ( I can learn a lot here

I'm onboard

Robert

D

dougie

looking very good so far mate, nice job. You have clearly taken your time over it and its paying off.

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Ade, looking ace. Manis miniatures have a couple of relaxed figures , one in coveralls which could be combined with the relaxed tank crew from Alpine. Master box also have a set of Americans handing out snickers ( was going to use them when I eventually get round to my M2A2)

First Name
Adrian
Latest update,

I used Vallejo model air Desert Tan 71.122 for the main colour after using XF20 as a primer. I'm following Flory's build so trying to stay as close to his choices as I can :smiling3:

Next it was onto the weathering, for the first time I used oils starting with a thin lamp black oil wash, once this was dry I dry brushed every part with a grey oils. Then it was onto picking out panels with various oil colours from Yellow Ochre to Burnt Umber. In places where I thought it was too strong I used spirits to brush away until I was happy.

What you see now is after a weeks worth of weathering, I have plenty left to do with more panels picked out,all the tools and accessories added a flat coat to be applied, the lights and armour glass fitted then a pigments scrub to give it a dusty look.

In all its been a great build and I'm looking forward to finishing it, I just plan to mount it on a nice mahogany base with a brass plaque.

Final completed pictures should be up by the end of next week :smiling3:

View attachment 121030

View attachment 121031

View attachment 121032

Comments welcomed as always.

Adrian

023.JPG

024.JPG

026.JPG