AFV 1/35 SCALE STURMTIGER.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
If you are going "flecky" mate these might help

0e2fce2f4b8000551534727044b36e2f.jpg38cm_RW61_auf_Sturmmorser_Tiger.jpga3d2735e108e110ad34ceb603cbd8272.jpgd771f060b1df2a1737a36e7f6c7691d0.jpgd0ffb69a25a00768a7d0d417f56641ee.jpg
(All for discussion purposes only)

This is a 1/35 Spraying Stencil WWII German Camouflage for Sturmtiger which shows the shapes of the flecks you are after

aa44ae831d82acdd97bc549136c0d768.image.395x400.jpg
(for discussion purposes only)

It will certainly be the DB's with this camo scheme. Dare I say it - even better than the discs:smiling5:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks Paul :thumb2:
If you are going "flecky" mate these might help

View attachment 312391View attachment 312392View attachment 312393View attachment 312394View attachment 312395
(All for discussion purposes only)

This is a 1/35 Spraying Stencil WWII German Camouflage for Sturmtiger which shows the shapes of the flecks you are after

View attachment 312396
(for discussion purposes only)

It will certainly be the DB's with this camo scheme. Dare I say it - even better than the discs:smiling5:
Steve.... Wow, and I'd just pm'd you on this !
Fantastic mate, just what I needed.
Know what I'm doing tomorrow !! .
Thanks . One happy nerd :smiling2:
John

RonGlass

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Evening John.... wow what a transformation from an ugly duckling to a beautiful swan, as it were... the sequential photos looked rather hideous with all that PanzerPutty gobbed on, lol, but once painting was finished and putty removed... POW !!! Nicely done, Sir... great job on your zim, too ! Looking forward to see whether you use the fleck stencil next !

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
HI plastic and glue sniffers :smiling:
Ron ...... Hi buddy, thank you for that , yes the fleck was done...........

Good progress has been made, thanks to Steve for the info on the fleck I just got on with it. Have to say actually enjoyed doing it !! Not as bad as I though to do, just taking a little time . Also did the washes on the wheels, now as there is no mud, yes no mud or fire involved in this build I had to do at least 3 colours of wash, the white flecks you will see are some light grey pigment powder from Pinnacle . A very fine pigment which I really like to use, and made in the UK. :thumb2:
Tracks havre been done as well , again no mud so a lot more detailing .
Here are some photos , hope you approve, comments please.
First the workshop , seems to be loads of kit, just one side sprayed, going to do the other side tomorrow.
_MG_3570.jpgW1.jpg

The wheels .
_MG_3573.jpgW3.jpg
_MG_3572.jpgW2.jpg

The Sturm.
_MG_3574.jpgW4.jpg_MG_3579.jpgW6.jpg_MG_3578.jpgW5.jpg_MG_3576.JPG
Tracks.
_MG_3580.JPG_MG_3583.JPG

Well there we are, I'm happy with the outcome. Wheels can go on tomorrow, might do a little debri to the hull. a light coat of dust should do.
No worries with the tracks fitting , as they won't be fully fitted !!!!!!!!

Thanks for looking in, as I said comments please.
John
Mr Jones be gentle . :flushed:
John .

B

Brad9826

John, just catching up again, awesome stuff buddy.
Great scratchery etc, I wish I had time , patience and some of the skills you and other modellers on here have. :smiling2::smiling2::thumb2::thumb2:

Reactions: JR

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
No need to be gentle mate - that is wonderful work. You have every right to be pleased. The fleck work has come out a real treat. Very impressive. The tracks are the ideal colour for street work. Good luck with all those workshop items. That should keep you out of trouble for a few days:smiling3: Well done my friend:thumb2:

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Hi John

Looks good all the clutter of a maintenance scenario

Nice work on the flecks too.

Getting there John

regards

Steve H

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Great work so far John, can't wait to see her all done.

Cheers, Jim

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi John, it's about time I chymed in after trying to balance atop the ladder at times minus Steve's help when he's locked up in his padded cell with meds from matron. Fernando though has been quite a hand hold propt up next to me on his ladder or Dutch dyke.

I must say the Sturm looks the cahoonas as Scottie would say with the wicked zim application and painted flecks. I would have thought of all people you would have knowned gravity makes things sag with age but the putty work held its ground. The engine is a mighty fine scratch...I'd swear you had two eyes on it. So far you're making tracks with the tracks. :thumb2:

The men have survived the operating table and are now in the make up room to be powdered. Looking forward to all the little trinkets that will festoon the build.

Great work for something that was booted out of a previous diorama and now gets a personal touch and helpful references from many fellow plastic stickers who keep cheering bring on the weathering. I hope the boisterous group don't knock both Fernando and me off our vantage point. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Top job JR, you've done a great job with that cammo.

Last edited:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Morning John,
Really impressed with that cammo....I’m gonna have to start taking lessons from you! Tracks looking very good too.
You should be extremely pleased with yourself!! :smiling4:
Si

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Wow . quite blown away by the kind comments :flushed:
John,

Looking the dogs cahoonas

Paul ......... Thanks mate

John, just catching up again, awesome stuff buddy.
Great scratchery etc, I wish I had time , patience and some of the skills you and other modellers on here have. :smiling2::smiling2::thumb2::thumb2:

Brad.......Thanks, I've learn't all of my modelling since I returned, and most from the forums Iv'e belonged to from my mates.

No need to be gentle mate - that is wonderful work. You have every right to be pleased. The fleck work has come out a real treat. Very impressive. The tracks are the ideal colour for street work. Good luck with all those workshop items. That should keep you out of trouble for a few days:smiling3: Well done my friend:thumb2:

Steve....... Cheers, I was dreading you giving me down the road !! I daren't get it wrong:smiling3:
Hi John

Looks good all the clutter of a maintenance scenario

Nice work on the flecks too.

Getting there John

regards

Steve H
Cheers Steve...... Think there might be a bit too much of the tools etc, can thin it down later.

Great work so far John, can't wait to see her all done.

Cheers, Jim
Jim......... Glad you approve ! might take some time on the next stage, so get comfortable.

Hi John, it's about time I chymed in after trying to balance atop the ladder at times minus Steve's help when he's locked up in his padded cell with meds from matron. Fernando though has been quite a hand hold propt up next to me on his ladder or Dutch dyke.

I must say the Sturm looks the cahoonas as Scottie would say with the wicked zim application and painted flecks. I would have thought of all people you would have knowned gravity makes things sag with age but the putty work held its ground. The engine is a mighty fine scratch...I'd swear you had two eyes on it. So far you're making tracks with the tracks. :thumb2:

The men have survived the operating table and are now in the make up room to be powdered. Looking forward to all the little trinkets that will festoon the build.

Great work for something that was booted out of a previous diorama and now gets a personal touch and helpful references from many fellow plastic stickers who keep cheering bring on the weathering. I hope the boisterous group don't knock both Fernando and me off our vantage point. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

Richard......... I find Gaffer tape holds most thing in place at my age . :smiling::smiling: Thanks for the comment on the Sturm, as for the engine it came from a Tamiya set, so was easy ! Move down to the front and take Steves seat ..Sorry I have weathered it !!!! but didn't want to over do it , there are some fine washes and some weathering with a light brown wash. Should I do more ?

Top job JR, you've done a great job with that cammo.

Thanks Mick , it was a lot easier than I imagined.

Morning John,
Really impressed with that cammo....I’m gonna have to start taking lessons from you! Tracks looking very good too.
You should be extremely pleased with yourself!! :smiling4:
Si

Si .........Thanks very kind of you to say that, I've a long way to reach your fine standard.

Still recovering from those kins comments,.......

Today was spent searching the web for Styrene sections, as I intend to build a span roof. Yes more drawings , and really enjoying working out the angles. This roof will be a metal framed one with corrugated iron sheets. Having sent off for some plastic corrugated sheet I shall glue two of them to some wooden strips and use these as a die and make to 40 odd sheets from aluminium take away trays. I tried to find out the thickness of the best tin foil roll , but it seems not strong enough, so as I don't have takeaways I shall buy some trays from evilbay.
Was hoping to get the wheels on, and the tools primed the other side, but the above search took all day !
Gardening job tomorrow so little chance of much being done, Thursday will have to do .
Thanks again , Its given me a real boost . :thumb2::thumb2:
John.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Back again, put the wheels on, not all as you will see. :smiling:
Also painted the figures with primer and did the otherside of the tools.

_MG_3586.jpgW1.jpg_MG_3587.jpgW2.jpg
Can anyone tell me about the double wheel, would it have been split to remove it from the vehicle . I want to have the two wheels lying near by. Thank you Tiger experts.

Ok that's all I'm going to show , the other work is a roof drawing and how many corrugated sheets I will need . :nerd:
John .

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Could have sworn I had posted after the fleck painting. The rest of the guys have said it all. It is looking great - the flecks look spot on. Not far from being another one to be proud of.
Jim

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Pretty astounding. Some fine, fine work Dzohn. PaulE

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Hello mate. Not to sure what you mean about the wheels. When they were put on transports the outer wheels were removed as per these photos. Hopefully this is what you are after

tumblr_nr5pp8B22q1uvhbyto1_1280.jpgtumblr_nsdf37xRtO1rc7erjo1_1280.jpgdownload (1).jpgdownload (2).jpgdownload.jpg
(All pictures for discussion purposes only)

Terrific work mate. looking forward to seeing the buildings

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi .
Jim....... Thanks. Plenty more to come !.
Paul..... Cheers buddy.
Steve..... Great photos, going to have to scratch that wheel trolly ! What I wanted to know did the wheels split when being removed.?
Ian....Nice to see you.
Well waited all day away from the bench until Management returned from town.The reason ?
Well our lovely postal delivery guys expect you to open the door as they take their finger off the bell !!!! If you slow, or have too far to come , low and behold you have a little card. Now I like our postal guys but they don't get long enough per house ! So all I got done was those wheels. Waiting for glycerine, plastic strip, plastic sheet and etching fluid !
Next week looks like being busy. :upside:
John.