AFV Club Sd.Kfz251/20 'UHU' (Owl) 1/35

First Name
Jimbob
Looking good graham have one of these in my stash never plucked up the courage to start it all those rivets and small details on the lamp keeps putting me off, at least now when I do eventually start it I will have your thread to look back on.

Jim

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
Well after seeing your cracking camo ive gone and ordered some for my build so many thans and great work

F

Fenlander

Not a massive amount of progress this week as I have been trying to work out a way of figure painting that will be just about good enough but repeatable. however, that is for another thread.

For now, the camo has had a oil dot filter to soften it slightly and then, after leaving most of the week to dry off, another coat of varnish ready for the minor decals and a touch of detail painting. It will then get a bit more weathering on the outside prior to basing it up (if I can get the two GIs good enough).

Most significantly, the UHU now is sat firmly on its wheels. Have had issues gluing the tracks though. It says to use 'instant' glue which I assume is to mean CA. However, after three attempts the CA did not even come close to sticking them. In desperation, I tried using Tamiya White Cap and it appears to have stuck. I will paint them up and try fitting them but if they break, it will be back to the drawing board.

But, for now, this is how she looks.

AFV%20Club%20Sd.Kfz-20%20Ausf%20D-77_1.jpg

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real liking the look of this one,Graham,the light weathering is so good,coming along very nicely, ;)

F

Fenlander

Thanks Monica, still a fair way to go on this one but I am fairly happy with it so far:smiling3:. Picked up a picture frame for the base today so I will soon be starting on a basic diorama hopefully with those two GI figures.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
will look forward to seeing what your doing for the base, ;)

J

John Rixon

Wow, you're really nailing this one! The interior looks perfect, and that lamp is the nuts. Does this now complete your collection of 251s?

F

Fenlander

\ said:
Wow, you're really nailing this one! The interior looks perfect, and that lamp is the nuts. Does this now complete your collection of 251s?
Errr, nope. There are two more in the stash and others that I fancy gettingo_O

F

Fenlander

\ said:
looking real nice Graham.
cheers Ralph. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..... well I could if it were not infrared or that the covers are closed... but you know what I mean;)