Airfix 1/48 Coyote

P

Polux

Laurie built one of these some time ago...was an interesting build, so I will be watching the paintwork and weathering ;)

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
when i did the jackal version recently i found it a nice kit to do, went together with no drama

F

Fenlander

Not done one of the modern Airfix 1/48 yet, must get the set as they are interesting vehicles.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Looking good Steve. I'll be following your build :smiling3: ............I did the Jackal a while back........ That was a great kit. If I did it again I would fit the suspension toward the end........ I lost track of how many times I broke it.

There were only two things I really thought was innacurate (I worked on the Jackal / Coyote programme for MOD). Airfix have the tyre tread pattern wrong (If it's important to you there are aftermarket ones which are accurate) and they have the seat colour in the destructions as "Khaki" .... They were a Light Tan ....... Apart from that Airfix have done a superb job.

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Cheers, already ordered a set of resin wheels from gaso-line, arrived today and no casting blocks to remove so very happy with that. Got the crew, but as I am building and then spraying not sure I will use them as can't fit at end, according to instructions. Trying to find a set of modern jerry cans in 1/48 is proving a nightmare. Lol

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice start Steve,looking good so far nice when, a kit just falls together, ;)

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
\ said:
Cheers, already ordered a set of resin wheels from gaso-line, arrived today and no casting blocks to remove so very happy with that. Got the crew, but as I am building and then spraying not sure I will use them as can't fit at end, according to instructions. Trying to find a set of modern jerry cans in 1/48 is proving a nightmare. Lol
Tamiya do a 1/48 set of Jerry cans and packs that I used for my Jackal....... They are available on Amazon.co.UK

4104PwhuNRL.jpg

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Tamiya do a 1/48 set of Jerry cans and packs that I used for my Jackal....... They are available on Amazon.co.UK
Cheers I will look them up !! Love this forum , like all sitting in comfy chairs in front of a roaring open fire with a good drink and conversation .

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Few more bits and bobs added, will leave dash off to gain access for painting, and figures;

IMG_1207.JPG

IMG_1209.JPG

IMG_1211.JPG

Replacement resin wheels;

IMG_1212.JPG

IMG_1214.JPG

IMG_1215.JPG

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Etch on Order, Paint and jerry cans awaiting pick up from ARGOS, which i shall collect today. need to get some more done over the weekend, between my 'job' list, football for my son and photographing ice hockey on Sunday night !!

P

Polux

Looking very good so far.

Certainly....the paintwork will mark the difference!

F

Fenlander

The more builds I see of this weird vehicle the more I know I am going to have to get one......

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
The more builds I see of this weird vehicle the more I know I am going to have to get one......
:smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

So far its just fallen together, EXCEPT for the radio mount plate thingy, you have to glue the sub-assembly to the rear support and once set bend the legs into the corresponding holes on the chassis, nothing hard.

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
While waiting for the Etch to arrive ( :sad: ) started on the jerry / fuel cans.

Used Tamiya 1/48 jerry can set, some Vallejo super fine filler, Vallejo Black Grey and Tamiya Semi Gloss;

FUJ_9899.JPG

Different stages of building

FUJ_9897.JPG

(L - R )

1.Original Tamiya can

2.White putty in seams and in base

3.After been sanded and polished smooth - Painted in Vallejo Black Grey

4.Finally a coat of Tamiya Semi Gloss (still damp when photo taken)

Reference photo used ;

FUJ_9900.JPG

P

Polux

\ said:
Which are apparently wrong !, should be painted green :sad:
Maybe the green ones are for gasoline and those black ones are for water....

Anyway they seems to be made of plastic, isn't it??