Airfix 1/48 Coyote

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Managed to kill two birds with one stone tonight . While stripping wall paper got the seat belts on all the seats. ( wet the walls, add a belt to the coyote, strip some wet paper, repeat ). Wasn't sure about the belt configuration, as airfix provide a rally car style system, but most photos on the net sort of show a four belt harness. So went straight to the horses mouth and emailed supacat direct and got two photos showing the correct belt system. Seems airfix based their etch on a pre production model;

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

D

Deleted member 4539

The seatbelt's look great to me.

And certainly add to the overall appearance. :smiling3:

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Resin stowage 'plug' painted and weathered and popped in back of wagon, may put a bit of filler across the back and may not

IMG_1362.JPG

IMG_1365.JPG

IMG_1368.JPG

Cab and Gun ring attached

IMG_1371.JPG

IMG_1375.JPG

IMG_1384.JPG

IMG_1388.JPG

'Chiselled of side netting ready for the Red Zebra resin to be added.

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Mild panic this afternoon, went to airbrush some more bits (primer) and all that came out was, what can be best described as black ink. Stripped the brush and the lever valve fell out, took ages to get it back in and in the right place. Tried spraying again and same result, started thinking I had a compromised airway (paint slosh back) then, pa-ting, shake the bottle of paint and surprise surprise it worked. Muppet !!!!!!

F

Fenlander

terrific amount of work going into this Steve, hard to believe it is 1/48.

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Fuel Cans, Water Cans and ammo boxes painted and weathered ready to go for a trip in the Coyote;

IMG_1439.JPG

IMG_1436.JPG

F

Fenlander

Still hard to believe this is 1/48 especially with the amount of detail and work you are putting into it Steve.

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Still hard to believe this is 1/48 especially with the amount of detail and work you are putting into it Steve.
Thanks

This was going to be a quick build in the middle of my Achzarit build (individual track links), but once i got started, i seemed to have got carried away with it. On the home straight now, i hope. Add the main gun, front gun, bits and bobs - need to paint the hanging day bags for the sides, oh and paint the figure, maybe i am on the final bend to the home straight :eek: :D

First Name
Robert
Brilliant work Steve and I definatly like your work ethics wet walls wait to soak do some modelling ship wall... Gave me a giggle.

This is looking so super really it is and at such a scale too ( looks like a bigger kit but that's down to your great photography

Kind regards

Robert

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Red zebra figure, painted last night. All with acrylics from Vallejo and AK;

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Pretty close to actual size;

actual.jpg

Also cracked on with some beer and water boxes;

image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
First Name
Adrian
Great work and like its been said already hard to believe so much detail you've put into a 1:48th kit.

Adrian

First Name
Stuart