Alan 45 D Day dio

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
wow Alan that is looking better and better each update , i do real like this one, ;)

great job on the figures as well, painted real nice,:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thank you Moni I appreciate that :smiling3:

Seeing as i don't have anymore sandbags in the set I've improvised and cut up some blocks of polystyrene to look like concrete blocks

These have just had a coat of stone grey and I'll do a brown wash then a light brown dry brush

View attachment 83769

image.jpg

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
There was nothing wrong with your original idea Alan, but this is better. A nice balance.

Top lesson learnt.....Always be prepared to change diorama boats in mid stream, no matter how radical!

Great piece...

Ron

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Ron I always have to change something along the way and I quite like the look of the bunker fixed down it looks more natural like it's been there for a long time :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Looking superb.

No. 2 lesson learned......Dioramas are big time fun!

...and Alan, me thinks that's just what you're doing. I can tell by your enthusiastic posts!

Nearly there, just take your time.....Don't forget the obligatory sit back and take a look.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Looking superb.No. 2 lesson learned......Dioramas are big time fun!

...and Alan, me thinks that's just what you're doing. I can tell by your enthusiastic posts!

Nearly there, just take your time.....Don't forget the obligatory sit back and take a look.
Thank you Ron I'm pleased you like it in fairness I have you to thank , if it wasn't for your nelle dean dio I wouldn't have been able to do the cliff face and those blocks , seeing how you did yours made me try it so thanks for that :smiling3:

As for taking a sit back and look i have just sat back in the garden and opened a beer with the dio on the table looking at it and deciding what to do next and what would look best, more concrete blocks or more barbed wire or a combination of both :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Cheers for that Alan....that's what we are all here for....to help where we can.

If it were my choice, I would go for more wire, loads of it! To my eye the blocks look fine. All down to you old lad.

Enjoy the ale!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers lads I'm pleased you like it more wire it is a fact I've started down the left hand side just waiting for glue to dry , I've also decided to have some wire on those blocks :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real looking good Alan, nice thinking on the spot, with the block,and they turned out well, which is a plus, ;)

do agree with the rest lots of wire, they lov using it,:rolleyes:

keep up the great work, :D

D

dubster72

The MG nest looks great Alan & the blocks really add to the overall scene.

This is a first class bit of work - along with Ron & Monica's ones, it's making me want to do something similar.

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Wow! Way to go Alan, this is looking brilliant mate

Lee :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers folks for the kind comments I appreciate them :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Amazing work Al, you have found an issue and worked the problem to create a suitable situation-looks better in my opinion. Top work mate, I really mean it-look at your first dio's compared to this one and you have really improved in just a few months mate-this is looking tops.

Si:smiling3: