D

dubster72

Looks good Alan! I wouldn't fancy dealing with that with a MG42 spraying

bullets at me ;)

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thinking of having a trooper lying on the barbed wire with one standing on his back as they go through :smiling3:

N

noble

Hi Alan this is taking shape very nicely, I like the pak 40 and the Sherman is exquisite, lovely work can't wait to see it completed.

scott

0ne48thtel

This looking good Alan the barbed wire looks good either as singular pieces or as the combo.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Alan, I agree with the general opinion, the combo looks good, and as you point out, a few more coils added and it will look spot on....

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real starting to look good and each post it gets better, well don Alan,:rolleyes:

\ said:
Alan, I agree with the general opinion, the combo looks good, and as you point out, a few more coils added and it will look spot on....
I do agree with Ron and others on the wire, another coil will look much better, just add more death to it, ;)

I must say your figures turned out well, and ever the cap badger well done o_O

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thank you Moni and Ron I appreciate it :smiling3:

I'm going to see if I can alter a figure to look like he's preparing a Bangalore torpedo , might not work but I will never know if I don't try :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Beach is now done and I've put some grass and a couple of bushes View attachment 83690

Once the greenery is dry I will remove the excess so it's a bit more sparse and start adding the hedgehogs and barbed wireimage.jpg

D

dubster72

That looks ace Alan, especially with the Sherman in the shot - you can see how it's going to take shape now.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Patrick I'm pleased you like it :smiling3:

I've just got some tweeking to do and then it's the fun part of troops and machine gun nests and lots of sandbags :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Really taking shape now, the angles, colours all starting to bring it to life. Even my lad says: 'He's good at it.' That's all you get from him, so it must be good for him to utter anything.

Si:smiling3:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
thats looking great Alan, real like the use off color and greenery you have used, :rolleyes:, the cliff face is so well done, do like it

if you are going to try and alter a little guy do you have the hard plasic ones ? if so use one off them the other are so hard to try and glue, or there is a trick i dont know with them, :confused: :rolleyes:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Really taking shape now, the angles, colours all starting to bring it to life. Even my lad says: 'He's good at it.' That's all you get from him, so it must be good for him to utter anything.Si:smiling3:
Cheers mate I appreciate that and tell you lad thanks :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
thats looking great Alan, real like the use off color and greenery you have used, :rolleyes:, the cliff face is so well done, do like itif you are going to try and alter a little guy do you have the hard plasic ones ? if so use one off them the other are so hard to try and glue, or there is a trick i dont know with them, :confused: :rolleyes:
Thanks Moni I'm pleased you like it , I don't have any hard plastic figures but the alterations will be missing limbs so it won't mater the one I'm thinking of using for the banglores just needs an amo box removing as he's already in the position I want that's a case of rescribing the figures leg and I'm hoping because of the size it won't be too hard to do :smiling3:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh lol for :D , ones missing limbs any think will do, i was thinking having him pushing the banglore under the wire and need to alt him .

so will we be seeing blood ? :rolleyes:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
oh lol for :D , ones missing limbs any think will do, i was thinking having him pushing the banglore under the wire and need to alt him .so will we be seeing blood ? :rolleyes:
Just a bit after all it was a bloody battle so I figured there would be some horrible bits

Tbh I'm not really comfortable with it but it did happen so I can't really dodge it

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Alan great job there. Just a reminder. Turpentine corrodes foam, so if you want to create craters, use a teeny weeny bit of it so you do not erode the whole dio. Poly glue is also great for eroding and making bunkers look weathered.

John