AlanG's 1/35 Tamiya Stug IV (StuG Group Build)

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Not going to paint the build like the box art. I've always liked the tri-colour schemes so that's what i'm intending to do. Plus i want it to match a diorama i have planned for it much later on.

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
Yes Christian. It will be totally OOB as i know nothing about armour other than they get muddy :smiling3:
Well, some of the track joints and the like also got a little rusty ;)

There are "walkaround" videos on YouTube on a bunch of armour. I am confident you will find at least one on a StuG, if you like that sort of thing.

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
So far, I have built two Tamiya armour models, and they both went together like a dream. (M113 and Tiger I early).

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Not planning to do any zimmerit. This is my first armour build so will be focusing more on washes, mud and tracks.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
I’m sure this will give you no bother Al....he says :smiling4:

This was one of the first kits I built and seem to remember it being straightforward.
Loads of people to ask if you get stuck with something along the way....theres a bloke called Bob that knows a little I think:smiling5:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Alan looks like will be building the same kit Thanks

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
I'll see bloomin wheels in my sleep at this rate lol. Made a start on the Stug today. Looks quite straight forward build. Typical Tamiya. I'm going to try and have a shot at the hairspray technique for weathering and might even try an oil wash. Stay tuned folks.

IMG_1686.JPG

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Did a bit more on it this afternoon after the F1 race. Not sure about painting the wheels then fitting them, only for them to be painted over So i've left them off and un-painted for now. Enjoying doing this build. Something totally different and out of my comfort zone.

IMG_1687.JPGIMG_1688.JPG

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Slow down man, i have only taken the lid off the box lol. I paint the tyres first then the metal of the wheel using a geometery stencil to mask off the tyres

Last edited: