Allen's 1/35 Brach Models 16 tube Reihenwerfer auf Somua MCG S307(f)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Couldn't she use the Chunnel or her broom?
Paul, Matron is never defeated, Dude 1 must unaware that there are planes to the Fatherland ! She will be landing soon and on her happy way !

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Well Allen, I said earlier that this build might tempt me to a full resin kit. Having seen the patience and skill needed for all the mortar tubes putting together I've changed my mind!! Really great work.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Just choose one that is more straightforward — a proper, straightforward AFV instead of an armoured softskin with a Heath Robinson contraption on the back goes a long way to being more readily built :smiling3:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Well Allen, I said earlier that this build might tempt me to a full resin kit. Having seen the patience and skill needed for all the mortar tubes putting together I've changed my mind!! Really great work.
I think that tube arrangement would be pretty difficult even in plastic Jim…..let alone in resin.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Paul E, Dude 2 and Tim...You all are just plain silly!!! If Matron does show up at the door (2% chance of that), she will probably be thirsty after the long trip (no matter how she got here), and will want a cold one. Never having a real beer before, she would be trashed after the second or third one and forget why she came here in the first place. Probably go back home immediately to sleep it off for a day. No worries on my part guys!!!

Andrew, thanks my friend and at least someone is not suffering from a Matron fetish...

Jigs, thank you, but please don't give up on resin kits. Like Jakko said, a tank or a wheeled vehicle would be the best way to get into it. The mortar tubes weren't the prob Jim, it was the adjusting mechanisms on the one side of the rows that was a real PITA. A man with your skills and patience would have fun building a resin kit. I'm 100% sure of that...

Like Tim said, even in plastic they would be difficult to build, but only to a point. If the kit had been plastic, I would have loved to make the whole assembly fully workable. But having to use CA for resin, it just wasn't possible because there's no margin for error...

Prost
Allen