Allen's 1/35 Brach Models 16 tube Reihenwerfer auf Somua MCG S307(f)

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Give me 450 stencils to put on anyday over this ! Absolutely amazing work allen , the level of complication on this is mind boggling. I only looked at the instruction drawing and my head was spinning ! I dont know how but youve done it and it looks superb , definitely earned a few cold ones after that ! ( just pop them out the window in the snow for a while )
prost , tony

Reactions: JR

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
No snow here in Ohio. 20+F w/5 to 15mph breeze.
4 to over 6 feet in the Buffalo, NY area where we're from. 30F but prevailing wind at 15 to 35mph brings the chill factor down & makes for some interesting drifts. Lake Erie didn't freeze yet so the Arctic Clipper out of Canada has 240+ miles of open water to pick up moisture and nothing to slow it down till it hits Buffalo. Thus "lake effect" snow storms w/thunder.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
No snow here in Ohio. 20+F w/5 to 15mph breeze.
4 to over 6 feet in the Buffalo, NY area where we're from. 30F but prevailing wind at 15 to 35mph brings the chill factor down & makes for some interesting drifts. Lake Erie didn't freeze yet so the Arctic Clipper out of Canada has 240+ miles of open water to pick up moisture and nothing to slow it down till it hits Buffalo. Thus "lake effect" snow storms w/thunder.
Thanks Paul .

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening Good People,

Yes, the saga continues and some progress has been made. The snow is gone here, but upstate NY is looking pretty grim. Los is correct as the poor Subaru does look like it's freezing. Paul, you can keep the drifts over there buddy!!!...

Excellent work going on here Allen. Fiddly, but worth it!
Great work Allen, that builds up real nice
Great work my friend.
Dude1,Your confused ! Well I am just looking at the photos. Glad to see the Sand Pit looking so festive, you can keep the white stuff on your side of the same please .
I rest my case -Challenge!

Thanks guys for the nice comments and the snow piccies. Keep that stuff away from Bamberg!!! The fiddly work is over. As Neil said, it was a challenge, and we got there in the end. Time to finish up the mortar table up,

IMG_3302.JPG
Using my Mossie ladder to get the proper height, I CA'd the adjusting arms on the white rod and let it dry. I moved on to the elevation and table rotating system. This went smooth and I placed the turntable onto the Somua for the pics. The aiming sight is on the right on the mat. A couple more pics,

IMG_3303.JPG
The aiming sight is mounted on top of the bar in the middle of the tube row. In case you are wondering what the white dot is on the bed, it was an air bubble in the resin that I filled. The only one on the whole kit. The other side,

IMG_3304.JPG
Now that this was finished, I went looking for the last piece for the table. It's a T that was used to lock the table in place. It was not on any of the casting blocks and while searching, I found a piece that was not in the instructions either. It's not a T though,

IMG_3306.JPG
It's the bent piece on top of the cast block with the two bolt heads on it. I thought it was a holder of sorts, but all the tools have their brackets cast on them. So I just scratched one out of some leftover rod from the kit,

IMG_3305.JPG
I also drilled out the aiming sight a little to make it look more like the real thing. I need to sand the edges a bit to make it round. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas we are getting near the end now. I can start to add the fenders, Notek lights, front tow brackets and other crap to the body. After that, it will be a base coat of dark yellow and some camo if we have a half decent warm day (over 2° C). I need to have my kitchen window open for the hissy booth hose to go outside...

That's it for tonight's installment of "Boring Table Theater"!!! All C, C, and abuse is more than welcome. Thanks again for looking in and have a great week...

Prost
Allen

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Give me 450 stencils to put on anyday over this ! Absolutely amazing work allen , the level of complication on this is mind boggling. I only looked at the instruction drawing and my head was spinning ! I dont know how but youve done it and it looks superb , definitely earned a few cold ones after that ! ( just pop them out the window in the snow for a while )
prost , tony

So sorry Tony, I missed you there Buddy!!! Thank you for the compliments and I guess your love of stencils is like my love of beer complicated assembly steps. I would love to put a few cold ones outside, but I live under the roof. If I did, they would slide down it, hopefully land in the gutter on the eave or hit the ground and bust. Busted full beer bottles, over here, is a criminal offense and punishable by law.........

Prost
Allen

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Allen

Sorry got very behind on this. That's really something esle!! The mortar arrangement looks like the equivalent of two models on its own.

Very well done!

ATB

Andrew

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Dear Mr Table

That's a cracking build, very detailed!

• Haha
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That's a cracking build Dude1, shows your ability to build these resin black art kits .

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Awesome model, and awesome work so far Allen :thumb2:
Much too fiddly for my old eyes and shaky fingers, well done indeed.

Jim.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Evening Folks,

I got behind on this and did start something new due to circumstances beyond my control. Weather, resinitis, and a serious case of the man flu, to name a few. So...

Allen

Sorry got very behind on this. That's really something esle!! The mortar arrangement looks like the equivalent of two models on its own.

Very well done!

ATB

Andrew
Now I'm apologizing Andrew, for the late reply. Thank you for the kind words and I only wish it would warm up a bit, so I can spray some color on the whole affair...

Dear Mr Table

That's a cracking build, very detailed!
Dear 'Admiral Bob', I like that title and thank you so much for the compliment, Sir!!!...Now walk the plank, Buddy!!! My best wishes to Julie too...

Mr. Merryweather...I didn't think these kinds of words were allowed on a family forum Sir!!!...Whatever it means......Seriously Neil, thanks my friend and hope you are doing well...

That's a cracking build Dude1, shows your ability to build these resin black art kits .
Well Dude 2...Honestly, so far I've been just plain lucky and the kit's quality has been a big help. Thanks Brother, and please send me some warmer weather if you can. I need it...

Awesome model, and awesome work so far Allen :thumb2:
Much too fiddly for my old eyes and shaky fingers, well done indeed.

Jim.
Thank you kindly Jim and great to see you checking in on me. I really hope all is well in the hills and the snow isn't butt deep yet. I know all about shaky fingers and trying to stick parts with CA, is, and can be, a real Beatch. Take care and best wishes to the family Sir!!!...

I don't really have an update. but I want to show you the, perhaps hardest step in the build. Tie-downs around the body for a tarp or to hang camo,

IMG_3307.JPG
Definitely not for shaky hands and you only need to add 10 of them, but they are some tiny critters. Luciano Brach took this into consideration when casting the kit and figured many would ping off or get eaten by the carpet monster. So,

IMG_3308.JPG
He gives you 5 blocks of them, with 6 pieces per block, for 30 tie-downs in total...Great forethought...

As I stated earlier, I'm at a bit of a standstill on this. I'm afraid I've gone over the finish line of a GB once again. So sorry Dave, but this puppy will get finished come hell or high water, ASAP...To keep the Mojo flying, I started a new quick build too. I have been fighting through the man flu by forcing myself to keep building Berlin, at the table...

Thanks again all for the interest, sorry for the late replies, and I hope to have a real update soon. Stay safe and healthy too...

Prost
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Those tie downs look like "Carpet" monster snacks Allen........best have a sweet pair of tweezers when it comes time to stick those little fellas on. :tongue-out3: ;)

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Those tie downs look like "Carpet" monster snacks Allen........best have a sweet pair of tweezers when it comes time to stick those little fellas on. :tongue-out3: ;)
You're right Rick, but I don't have any carpets to worry about the monster. I have a few sets of fine tweezers, so I'll be good to go Buddy...

Allen, that is looking the part mate. I have taken the liberty of booking a padded room for you to rest in on completion of the tie downs.
Thanks for the reservation Bro, but I won't be needing it yet. See below...

...along with some Bourbon and honey for the flu.......
Hey Paul, what I need is some Bourbon and the hell with honey. It's too sweet for my taste. An 8 yr. old Wild Turkey is what I really need the most my friend. Oh, and a few ice cubes in my glass too...

Paul I hear Matron staring up her bike !
Hey Brother, you're forgetting some facts here.......Bikes don't float and Matron can't swim!!! Oh, and the ferry is too expensive...

So, When I woke up this morning, I knew it was going to be a good day at the table. Felling much better and with a good breakfast in my gut, we set about the business. Optivisor on, fine tweezers in hand, I went about removing the tie-down handles from the cast blocks. I removed 12 just as a precaution. Cleaned them up very, very carefully, then lined them up on the mat, put a drop of MIG Slow CA on my little glue sheet and went crazy. After about 10 minutes,

IMG_3336.JPG

those puppies were stuck on there!!! None disappeared, none got broken and there were 2 still left on the mat. Ok, so the CA tried to stick them to the tweezers a few times, but the second pair of tweezers fixed that nonsense immediately. They are not 100% perfect in their placement, but it was good enough for government work folks. They do need a quick light sanding to knock off the burrs though.
Like I stated earlier, Luciano gives you 30 of them for use. In the end, the score stands at...3 broken, 1 flying away, 10 added, and 16 put in the spares jar. Now who's a happy camper!!! As it was too early for a cold one, I drove on......Then it was add a few other bits to keep going forward. I added the pig tail towing shackles along with the front fenders,

IMG_3337.JPG
These were a breeze after the tie-downs. Then I checked out how many more bits were left to add. Other than the tools, rifle racks and the rear seat, there aren't very many,

IMG_3338.JPG
The vehicle didn't have any headlights, jut the 2 Noteks and a taillight. The 4 rungs are for the driver and Cdr. to get into the cab @ 2 per side and the vision slit covers. The mortar sight will be added last. Now, if only the temps would go up some, we can make the hissy stick sing a bit. I even have a plan for masking this to hold in the booth......

Short and sweet tonight people. Life's good and the Mojo is high. Beer is cold and I have to work tomorrow.
Thanks again for looking in and everyone have a great week, hopefully at the bench...

Prost
Allen