Allen's 1/48 Revell Mosquito B Mk. IV

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Another quick update is at hand Mossie friends. But first,

Jim, You are too kind Sir. Thank you for following along on my adventure into 1/48 and the nice words...

Ian, Thanks too Sir and you're right, you really can't see them on the finished product...

I am going to call this Mossie finished. I did just notice that I need to muck up the spinning thing's covers after I took the pics. All in all, this was a really fun (for the most part) build and my first dive into a smaller scale in ages. The Revell kit was pretty decent and went together ok too. The plastic was easy to work with and had the typical bit of flash and mis-aligned molding to deal with. I didn't agree with their way of assembling everything into one half and then attempting to fit the other half on it. Like Sinatra sang, "I did it my way" and it worked out. A few nice things were the pre-drilled wing light clear parts and the decals. As noted, the landing legs are too short and the spinning thing covers are the wrong shape. I replaced the covers and raised the legs up 2-3 mm to overcome the probs. I can recommend the kit to anyone working in 1/48 as it is detailed, not hard to get together and needs very little putty if you are careful...So,

IMG_3173.JPG
IMG_3174.JPG
IMG_3175.JPG
IMG_3176.JPG
Damn, I just noticed the antenna wire is a bit wonky with a slight upwards bow in it. Oh well, too late now............

A huge thanks to Ian for getting this GB off the ground!!! I will post the final product pics in the finished section after I get the runway slab and the figs done. That should be, with luck, in a few days as I am going to a model show near Munich tomorrow and Monday is a holiday here. Then it's on to my Somua 1/2 track build as the rabble are getting restless!!!...As usual, all abuse is cheerfully accepted and welcome!!!....

Prost
Allen

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Very nice indeed Allen...... "I like it a lot"!!:cool:
I`m very envious as mine`s stalled recently,however,you`ve prodded me into taking it up again over the weekend with this excellent result:thumb2:,
Congratulations Buddy,it`s a cracking model :hungry:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
You should be happy with that. Here's to some more 1/48 wingy things ending up on the Bamberg bench.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Very nice……I like the moveable control surfaces as well. Tamiya doesn’t give that option, and it always gives more life to the build.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent job allen , it looks great . Youve overcome the known deficiencies of the kit nicely . The satin finish is spot on too. Cant wait for the next in a long line of Dewire aircraft builds !

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Allen,

That's turned out very well indeed. A great looking Mossie!!

ATB.

Andrew

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Cracking finish Allen.

...and well done on clearing the final hurdle and breaking the tape!

Ron

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Good Morning fine folks,

I really am at a loss for words, but I will try and do my best.....I can only thank you all from the bottom of my heart for the kind wonderful words, comments and likes/loves for my Mossie!!! Your inspiration helped to push me to the finish and not make this another shelf queen and for that, I am so grateful...You guys are the best!!! I was going to answer last night but got back from the show a bit late. It was a small show and stupid me, forgot to check the battery level on my camera. Sorry, but I don't have any pictures to share with this time........I do wish to answer you all individually and start with one huge "Thank You!!!" here first,

Mr. Smiff, I do hope you and Rach are feeling much better and you can get back to your Mossie too. I know that building armor is in your blood (like mine), but yours is looking mighty fine too. Now get crackin' on it, Andy!!!

Andrea, I was laughing too when I saw they had reversed the parts assembly. Dragon was the first destructions that came to mind as they are the same at times...Wonky!!! Hope you and yours are doing well SIr...

Jim, I'm pretty satisfied with her and NO, there won't be any more 1/48 wing thingy's on my Bamberg table (don't have a bench) in this lifetime. 1/32 wing thingy's will be the only ones, once in a while. Wishing you both all the best, Sir..

Tim, It was a nice touch and I only had to glue the rear flappy things in the down position as they weren't moveable like the front flappy things were. Of course, painting didn't help the front ones and I had to keep tweaking then back and forth. The fin steerer was moveable too. That was nice. Oh, and I do love aviation talk too...Take care of yourself...

Rick, Sorry buddy, it's been raining here and no one would be dancing in the streets I'm afraid. Beer was flowing into my glass and I didn't get an award from any politico either. Maybe next time...Whenever the sun shines again!!!...

Mick, It kinda fits into the Mossie squadron my friend, but it didn't turn out as good as yours and the many other builds for this GB. I hope my dio will give it a little boost. I hope you're not working too hard...

Tony, I'm glad you didn't mind me nicking your ideas for mine Sir. As a non-wingy builder, I needed all the help I could get, especially in the tiny scale (to my eyes). OK, not as tiny as yours..And your dedication to applying the 'nasties' to your SU rooskie, pushed me to put all of mine on too. Long line of wingy's at my table??? Better luck French kissing Rattlesnakes Tony!!!...

Andrew, Please stop, you're making my head swell Buddy! It was great to have you along and following your 109 and Mossie works kept me going too...My full respect for your 1/72 work!!!...

Mr. Merryweather, Hey Neil, just being respectful to old folks, Sir...Yes, I finished her and truly amazed myself in the process. I think this is the 2nd or 3rd GB I have ever completed with-in the timeframe. Amazing, huh!!! I do hope all is well on your end and you are not overdoing at work my friend. When are you going retire???...

Ron, It was your SBS on brush painting that helped me through. Unfortunately, I'm a blockhead sometimes and forgot to thin the paint like you said to do. It worked out in the end though. Greatly appreciated and good to see you back from vacation...

Geoff, Too kind Sir!!! more like a cracker jack, I think!!! Honestly, now I can fully understand the meaning of the ten-foot rule. Great to have you along...

Paul, It is always great to have you following my builds and giving me some good inspiration my friend. Now it is back to what I love to build the most and our best friend........Mud!!! Take care buddy...

I've been working on the base today. Gave it a coat of PVA/water mixed with some gray for color to seal the foam board. I want to weather the surface, add the grass piece, and finish the tidbits on the figs. Then, hope the sun shines so I can take some decent pics of the whole shebang for the finished section...

I have to get moving on with the 1/2 track GB before the Rabble wreck my apartment while waiting. The damn food in the fridge is already gone and there's no beer left!!!...

Thanks again everyone and keep on nipping parts and slinging glue!!!

Prost
Allen

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Awwwwwwwww That's too bad, well at least it's off the "table" and you can now focus on something more enticing than a wing thing. ;) Hoist one for me while yer pouring there Allen.