Andrew's 2x AZ Model Bf 109 G-6 - JG300 'Wilde Sau' (The Hunters and the Hunted)

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Andrew
I too think this is a real result. Mottling is difficult and at the best of times but in 1/72! That is a great result.
You could, if you feel like it, work into the mottle with the RLM 76 to finesse. I’ve done this in 1/32 but I do appreciate that at this scale it is so much more difficult.

Fabulous work
Cheers
P

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi Andrew
I too think this is a real result. Mottling is difficult and at the best of times but in 1/72! That is a great result.
You could, if you feel like it, work into the mottle with the RLM 76 to finesse. I’ve done this in 1/32 but I do appreciate that at this scale it is so much more difficult.

Fabulous work
Cheers
P
Thanks Paul for the support, it is appreciated.

As for the RLM 76, I've done that a bit already on the all blue 109 and I'll have to do a bit more where the black somehow got though.....

But I'm worried that if I do it too much, I'll lose the effect of the base mottling.

Thanks for stopping by and the support.

ATB.

Andrew

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ok chaps, so as promised below are some 'proper' pic's of the underside.

Given the scale I tried to keep it fairly subtle as I think it would look unrealistic if the mottling undercoat showed through too much.

Unfortunately, a friend is borrowing our decent camera and my phone hasn't quite picked it up properly.....and so as so often is the case, real life looks better than the image but I'm really quite pleased with it.

ACW as usual.

Andrew

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Looks like a 'propa job' to me Andrew :smiling3:

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looks like a 'propa job' to me Andrew :smiling3:
Looking good to me Andrew…..
Andy,
Nicely done mate, step forward and take a bow.
Looks good mate :thumb2:

Thanks chap, glad you like it......

Although ironically, the errant wing tip in the bottom left hand corner of the last shot gives the best impression of the mottling! :smiling5:

And apologies, completely forgot to say thank you!! Very rude of me!!

ATB.

Andrew

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Fantastic work andrew , they both look great , the black undersides are very well done , the shading is perfect. Cheers tony

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andrew
Both are definitely very well done. You've a right to be pleased.
Jim

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Andrew, Andrew, Andrew,

These two are magnificent Buddy!!! The Paint jobs are #1 and they look great. Most excellent work Sir!!! I can't wait to see these finished and I know they will be fantastic..........BTW, I see you didn't get any wrinkle cream for your thumbs either.......................

Prost
Allen

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Fantastic work andrew , they both look great , the black undersides are very well done , the shading is perfect. Cheers tony
Hi Andrew
Both are definitely very well done. You've a right to be pleased.
Jim
Andrew, Andrew, Andrew,

These two are magnificent Buddy!!! The Paint jobs are #1 and they look great. Most excellent work Sir!!! I can't wait to see these finished and I know they will be fantastic..........BTW, I see you didn't get any wrinkle cream for your thumbs either.......................

Prost
Allen

Thanks guys. Perhaps I was being a bit hard on my myself earlier.... Whilst I know I can do better, I have to remember that these are only the 4th and 5th planes I've done with an AB.

Allen, you make a good point on the wrinkle cream front, will address that ASAP! :smiling5:

ATB.

Andrew

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andrew, Andrew, Andrew,
..............BTW, I see you didn't get any wrinkle cream for your thumbs either.......................

Prost
Allen
A thin layer of wrinkle cream has been applied...... More to come...... After all two thin coats are better than one...... Now where have I heard that before????!?!?:thinking:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
It's a big two :thumb2: :thumb2: thumbs up on the paint job Andrew......as to the rest of it, I'll leave it to you and your expert dermatologist (Dr. Dewire) to sort it out.:tongue-out::thinking::tongue-out3:;)

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Sorry another cracking build missed.

Lovely paint work!!

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
It's a big two :thumb2: :thumb2: thumbs up on the paint job Andrew......as to the rest of it, I'll leave it to you and your expert dermatologist (Dr. Dewire) to sort it out.:tongue-out::thinking::tongue-out3:;)

Thanks Rick, glad your enjoying it. @Allen Dewire will be pleased to hear a second coat went on half an hour ago!! ;) :smiling5:

Sorry another cracking build missed.

Lovely paint work!!

Bob

Absolutely no problem!! I think I started it around the time Julie got her bad news.

Just glad to have you on board, although the skies are getting a little crowded with all these Mossies about! ;)

ATB

Andrew

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
OK chaps, so the painting is virtually finished......and more importantly the pre-decal clear coats are on!

My own rubber coloured concoction is on the wheels, the undercarriage is done and the exhausts have been given my own patented exhaust treatment as described here - link.

The tail plane wheels have also been done (forgot to get them in the shot though). but after I took the pictures I realised that had I forgotten to do the nose mounted MGs, so I'll have to do that later.

ACW as usual.

Andrew

** colours are bit off because I took them in a rush .

--------------------------------------

Last edited:

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
And so decal placement has started.... Approx 55 per plane.... The AM decals are very nice but once down they won't move, making proper first time placement essential, which isn't easy as you can see if you look closely....I also think the crosses may be slightly overscale based on the side placement but I need to check.

We're getting together with friends this weekend, so there won't be much more progress in the next few days.

I'll do a proper mini-review of the decals next time around.

ATB.

Andrew

IMG20220708225335.jpg