Andys Tamiya 1/35 M3a2 halftrack

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
You can't beat good ole' pigs to weather vehicles and the like Mr. Smiff!!! They last forever as long as their holder is sealed and kept away from moisture. Looks mighty fine so far Andy..........

I am wondering why you didn't try the Tammy set though. Same principle, different delivery method onto the model...Give them a shot as inquiring minds want to know how they work Andy!!!............

Prost
Allen
Thanks Allen, appreciated :smiling3:
You're bang on about the pigments ... I've had em for simply  AGES and they're still excellent IMHO ! ;)
I will try that set on future builds,but for now, I'll stick to what I know mate !! :smiling3:
Update coming soon BTW !!

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
.... Not the complete update that I had intended,but I have to do this on my phone lately :sad:
.... I wanted the radiator grille to be open as I did that on my Scout car build a few years ago,(pretty much my favourite build of all time if I'm honest !! ),as I think that makes it look much more interesting :smiling3: ....
.... In that kit,I had to put the individual "slats" of the grille together,apply the decal and then slice it along the edges,and disassemble the slats. ;(
In this kit though, Tamiya have helped us out and provided THIS decal with cut lines...

IMG20220919180919.jpg
THANKS guys!! :smiling3:....
With that in mind,I did this,(I will admit mind,it taxed me a little!!)..
IMG20220920155738.jpg
Upon reflection I should've painted the rad first,but hey ho,I'll sort it! I'm quite pleased with how it came out,and it's been sol'd and varnished into position now... So it's going NOWHERE !! :smiling3:
I've done the side decals too,but with not the same success,but I always post up "warts'n all",....
IMG20220920175940.jpg
IMG20220920175955.jpg
As you can see,these sides need some "touching up",and painting in to look behind the "Ladders".
Still enjoying this immensely,a cracking kit,and a favourite subjyof mine... More to come soon!...
I've done much since these posts!!
Thanks for looking in,
Andy

Attachments

• IMG20220920155738.jpg
    IMG20220920155738.jpg
    197.3 KB · Views: 2

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very nice Andy.
I like the chassis with the tracks and wheels on, I'd be more than happy just reach that stage !
What happened to your U Tube channel ? I left a message years ago !

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Nice progress Andy, nothing wrong with the decals that look the mutts
Cheers Mick...... they`ll be ok in the end i reckon!!;)
Nice work there Andy. It’s coming along very nicely.
Thanks Tim,although this is the first time i`ve seen the latest pics on the Laptop screen,and i`m rather disappointed to be honest........it looks way better to the naked eye.... last time i do it all on the phone:sad-face:
Very nice Andy.
I like the chassis with the tracks and wheels on, I'd be more than happy just reach that stage !
What happened to your U Tube channel ? I left a message years ago !
Thank you John,very kind of you:hugging-face:,
Blimey,i`d completely forgotten those 2 short,spoof vids i put on You Tube..... it was 4 years ago!!..... If you type in " Only me medium" in the you tube search box they`re still there........ don`t forget though....... they were VERY tongue in cheek:tears-of-joy: !!

• Haha
Reactions: JR

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
OK then chaps..... a bit of an update......
Haven`t done as much as i`d have liked this week..... Rach got sent home from work on Sunday morning after testing pos for Covid.... Mon morning i tested pos too!!...
.... I know we always like to do things together,but this is ridiculous!! :flushed::tears-of-joy:
Anyway,I managed to get some painting done,and this evening shoved some of it together.......
IMG20220924174024.jpg
Down the centre there,next up the side views........
IMG20220924173919.jpg
IMG20220924173951.jpg
Obviously a lot of stuff yet to do,but i`m quite pleased with the basic painting of the internal stuff so far!..... it`s coming along now mefinks!!
Cheers,
Andy

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
First off I hope you and Rach have a mild dose of Covid and recover quickly.
M3 is looking good. You've every reason to be happy with the paint work.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
..... cont`d.....
Not the greatest of pics,but i hope you can get the idea......
View attachment 462648
just in primer there... now "Drabbed up"!!.......
View attachment 462649
...... i`ve also done some tyre weathering stuff,(yeah,i know,i`ve heard all the blab about using vinyl tyres,but i`ve done em before without any issues?:thinking: ......
View attachment 462650
..... and finally for now,some other bits chucked together and base painted......
View attachment 462651
.... just wanna get it together,and then make it look "OK" !!:thumb2:
Excellent build so far,an absolute pleasure..... enjoying this one for sure!!
Andy

Just caught up with this one. Great stuff so far but I gotta question. Where does the propellor (Pic 2) go?

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Get well soon Andy.
Hard to believe that Both the misses and I have dodged the virus thus far. Have a beach of a cold that I gave her though (have testede and its only a cold).

Great work on the build so far.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Evenin` Chaps,
Thank you all for the Kind wishes to myself and Rach,she`s pretty much over it now,and i`m getting there i think:thumb2:,
In my frustration the last couple of days,i have managed to clank on a few more bits on the interior,and get some paint on it...... i.e..... rear gun mount,antenna stem,centre seat and armour shield for the windscreen.... oh,and i chucked the top onto the bottom!!:cool:......
IMG20220926174004.jpg
IMG20220926173905.jpg

IMG20220926173935.jpg
There`s the quick update,not sure what`s going on with my pics,they seem a little fuzzy when i upload them,look much sharper on my phone?!:thinking:
Anyway,that`s it for now,i`ll get more done when i`m feeling 100% again,as always,thanks for looking in chaps:thumb2:,
Andy

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That's looking good young Mr Smith.
Give our love to Rach, glad you are ok .
As long as Cohan is ok we have nothing to worry about .

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Nice work Mr. Smiff!!! I do hope you and Rach are feeling better and the 'crap' is soon gone from you both......and Devon too. It does tend to kill the Mojo a bit, but old people still drive on anyway......Now quit slackin' and get crackin' Buddy!!!...

Prost
Allen