Andys Tamiya 1/35 M3a2 halftrack

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy

Sorry missed the updates. Age obviously glad to hear your one the worst of the COVID. The build is coming on beautifully but I see what you mean about the pics!

ATB.

Andrew

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy

Sorry missed the updates. Age obviously glad to hear your one the worst of the COVID. The build is coming on beautifully but I see what you mean about the pics!

ATB.

Andrew
Thanks Andrew,had a bit of a set back with the Covid thing the last couple days :sad:
I have got some more done though....

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
OK Guys,
Again, these pics are from my phone,so apologies in advance ;)
Was looking at this a few evenings ago and thought,"Hmmm, something's missing,it just don't look right",.... Then it dawned on me....
.... GUNS.... BIG GUNS !! So.....
IMG20221001143125.jpg
Also added some mines,a door and a few tools.....
IMG20221001143108.jpg
IMG20221001142955.jpg
Next up is to add the stowage,rifles and then continue with/touch up the weathering.... with luck and a fair wind I'm hoping to finish this one tonight :smiling3:
Thanks for looking in,
Andy

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
No question 'bout that Ian........the more the merrier! ;) And may I just add Mr. Smiff, your build is the dog's doodahs! Looking at the wheels and tracks, I'd say you've a fair bit of weathering ahead of you. :thumb2::thumb2:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
That really looks the part Andy. Very nice indeed.
Cheers Tim!! The pics will be better at the end!:thumb2:
Like the look of that mate ,excellent.
Thanks Mark.... it`ll be better looking soon i hope!!;)
Mr Smifff very nice indeed mate, that looks the dogs.
Hey Scottie (Dawg!!),nowhere near your skill level mate,but i appreciate your support:thumb2:.
Loving it so far - looking superb!
Steve
Cheers mate..... not sure about "Superb".... however,i`ll take that !!:hugging-face:
I find it very odd that Tamiya could mould those separately in the 1970s, but Dragon can’t in the 2010`s
Didn`t realise that Jakko.... very strange indeed!!
Looks great. Excellent cab & you can never have too many guns, but maybe a back door?
Thanks Paul.... The back door was a work in progress..... look in.......;)....
Looking very good Andy, the guns are a must have!
Cheers Graeme.... Always great to see you popping in mate... and YES.... you gotta have GUNS!!:cool:
Looking great.
If you going to have a gun, have a big one.
Thanks Ian,...... and indeed,BIG is best!!:cool:
No question 'bout that Ian........the more the merrier! ;) And may I just add Mr. Smiff, your build is the dog's doodahs! Looking at the wheels and tracks, I'd say you've a fair bit of weathering ahead of you. :thumb2::thumb2:
HELLO Mr. Rick!!.... That`s very kind of you mate,and indeed there is some serious weathering to be done for sure.... however,i will tone it down a little ;)

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well,I couldn't help myself could I ?!
Added quite a lot of bits/stowage to the interior and near side....
IMG20221003190606.jpg
IMG20221003190645.jpg
As you can see Paul... There's a door there now ;)
More stuff to add to tother side tomorrow,then the final weathering.... As long as I don't get sucked in to adding more stuff obviously ;) !!
That's it for now,but I'm really hoping that tomorrow it really WILL be finished!! :smiling3:
Andy

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
.... Not the complete update that I had intended,but I have to do this on my phone lately :sad:
.... I wanted the radiator grille to be open as I did that on my Scout car build a few years ago,(pretty much my favourite build of all time if I'm honest !! ),as I think that makes it look much more interesting :smiling3: ....
.... In that kit,I had to put the individual "slats" of the grille together,apply the decal and then slice it along the edges,and disassemble the slats. ;(
In this kit though, Tamiya have helped us out and provided THIS decal with cut lines...

View attachment 463406
THANKS guys!! :smiling3:....
With that in mind,I did this,(I will admit mind,it taxed me a little!!)..
View attachment 463407
Upon reflection I should've painted the rad first,but hey ho,I'll sort it! I'm quite pleased with how it came out,and it's been sol'd and varnished into position now... So it's going NOWHERE !! :smiling3:
I've done the side decals too,but with not the same success,but I always post up "warts'n all",....
View attachment 463408
View attachment 463410
As you can see,these sides need some "touching up",and painting in to look behind the "Ladders".
Still enjoying this immensely,a cracking kit,and a favourite subjyof mine... More to come soon!...
I've done much since these posts!!
Thanks for looking in,
Andy
Great work on that Star in the grille