Andy's Tamiya 1/48 SdKfz 232

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Tim. I've since gone over them with a darker grey which looks much better. Model Air black to RLM66 2:1

I was reading through that just the other day Steve, but thanks for the link so I can find it again! They look great, and although I can't go the whole hog as I'm still bereft of any pigments (pre-made or DIY) there are still some very handy tips there and I guess I can carry on using sandy (or muddy) coloured washes to give a hint of the effect.

D

Deleted member 7181

Got the decals on today and sealed everything in with a couple of thin coats of MrC GX gloss clear.

USYahrC.jpg

jhIYZz0.jpg

And while the picture doesn't do it justice I made a start on the wheels. The very dark grey on the tyres adds a bit of contrast and a brown/rust mixture wash is starting to pick out the details. More work to do but much better than my last picture of these!

sbQ0WNA.jpg

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Peter.

Sorry I haven't responded before now but I've been a little unwell. Seems there's lot of it about right now.

Currently waiting for a lift to Surgical Assessment after my blood test results came back "deranged" (doctors words). Looks like they may be chopping some more parts out of me!

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks chaps.

Over 10 hours in a waiting room, being poked prodded and scanned by just about everyone, they've finally decided to keep me in overnight for observation.

They think it's an infection of some kind but as usual the left hand doesn't know what the right is doing so I can't get a straight answer lol.

D

Deleted member 7181

Cheers Steve.

Looks like I have something called diverticulitis. Long story short an infection in the lower gut.

They are pumping my full of antibiotics right now, no idea how many more days that's going on for, but if drugs fail it could be surgery and a stoma bag.

Not exactly what I'd got planned!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andy
Firstly here's hoping that the antibiotics work and that you're back to health soon.
SdKfz 232 is looking good. Colour variation looks fine - subtle is right. Decals look to have gone on well. As for the tyres, all they need is a bit of weathering - dust, mud whatever.
Take care
Jim

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
That's not good Andy. Hope the antibiotics work.
A chap I used to know through work had diverticulitis and ulcerative colitis at the age of 69, and had various bits removed and a stoma fitted. He just celebrated his 87th birthday last week and is still active, so it's not as bad as might be feared.
Pete

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks Jim, and Pete.

My mind is far from my bench right now but I'm sure I'll make the most of whatever recovery time I need.

I work with a guy who's had a stoma fitted for many years, and it turns out my brother has the diverticulita in his gut, he's just been controlling the condition with diet and has never had an infection.

Due back at work on Sunday but that's not going to happen, will just have to sit it out and see what happens.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Sorry to read you’ve not benn well mate...hope they can sort you out and get you back on your feet soon.
My boss had this a few yrs back, he had two bouts of infection and has been fine since....but cant eat things with seeds nuts or fruit pips

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Andy. Looking good and it’s shaping up well I love these 1/48 Tamiya kits