Another First - 1/35 CH2 TES.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
I certainly hope not mate... I don't do second rate Pasties...
... EVERYONE knows the best ones are made in Devon,(the original home of them!!), ;)
Having a flying visit to Devon end of the month!!! Dog sitting and acting local veterinarian!!! I'm 45 miles away but have to go 91 in the car. On a clear day we can see the place!!
Do you still need a passport to get in Doug ?
it’s not what you know but who!!! Spies in the Devonian empire!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Today was going to be a very productive day on my Chally. Not to be. Between SWIMBO's jobs and the puppy sinking her teeth into my index finger loosing any serious dexterity left it wasn't as productive as I wanted.

I did manage to fix many of the small parts to the rear end of the hull, amazed me just how many parts to make up 1 x light cluster. Some of the parts needed a few small modifications to fit properly. Holes and spigots not lining up. Nothing a quick snip and a file can't sort.

No pics as the changes are minor.

• Sad

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Today was going to be a very productive day on my Chally. Not to be. Between SWIMBO's jobs and the puppy sinking her teeth into my index finger loosing any serious dexterity left it wasn't as productive as I wanted.

I did manage to fix many of the small parts to the rear end of the hull, amazed me just how many parts to make up 1 x light cluster. Some of the parts needed a few small modifications to fit properly. Holes and spigots not lining up. Nothing a quick snip and a file can't sort.

No pics as the changes are minor.
Hope the finger is ok Doug , Mike Aka Is it me , suffered a bite from his latest pup , made a right mess of his finger .

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Hope the finger is ok Doug , Mike Aka Is it me , suffered a bite from his latest pup , made a right mess of his finger .
Thanks John. It was a straight puncture type!! Throbs a bit but found a bottle of IPA, (that's of the beer variety) has helped. At least she's small, if it had been a GSD or Lab I'd be hopping a bit!!!!

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks John. It was a straight puncture type!! Throbs a bit but found a bottle of IPA, (that's of the beer variety) has helped. At least she's small, if it had been a GSD or Lab I'd be hopping a bit!!!!
Doug.
Hope you washed it in the other IPA , the alcohol would clean it well :smiling2:

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Sorry guys, been out of comms for a few days. Weather, puppy defective hedge trimmer and a list of jobs from SWIMBO that seemed never ending.
So today I spent modifying my work area to enable me to look out over the garden thereby supervising the puppy!!!!!! The bonus was it enabled me to grab a couple of hours.
Did quite a bit of fiddly work adding the small part to the rear of the hull. As well as tackling my first couple of pieces of PE. One piece was a right nightmare, getting an additional section in-between an already built box section. After much cussing and the odd wishing a hammer was within easy reach two pieces were completed. problem is, it is an integral part of the kit, no alternatives!!
Couple of pics of progress so far.
First piece of PE!
IMG_0751.JPG

Second piece and rear of hull, still a fair bit to do too!!
IMG_0753.JPG

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Excellent work on the P.E., 'you've taken your first steps into a much larger world'.. :thumb2: :thumb2:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Nice work :smiling3: It’ll get easier with practice, of course, but you have done very well with these bits already.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Thats a good start :thumb2:
Thank you Mark.
Excellent work on the P.E., 'you've taken your first steps into a much larger world'.. :thumb2: :thumb2:
As long as the PE doesn't get much smaller Chris!
Nice work :smiling3: It’ll get easier with practice, of course, but you have done very well with these bits already.
Thank you Jakko, your previous guide to PE was invaluable. In the end I used a small metal 6" rule, A small ¼" chisel!!! (Don't ask!) and a staley knife blade!! Not sophisticated but workable!!!

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thank you Mark.

Thank you Jakko, your previous guide to PE was invaluable. In the end I used a small metal 6" rule, A small ¼" chisel!!! (Don't ask!) and a staley knife blade!! Not sophisticated but workable!!!
They will have you soldering next Doug !

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thank you Mark.

Good work on the etch. It’s that sort of open type rack thing that etch is invaluable for. Jakko’s hints are pretty much exactly how I do this stuff. I would add that sometimes a convex curved blade is very useful for cutting off etch from a fret. You can just roll it over the tag to remove the part. Pulling a straight blade through the fret tags risks damage to the part.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Good work on the etch. It’s that sort of open type rack thing that etch is invaluable for. Jakko’s hints are pretty much exactly how I do this stuff. I would add that sometimes a convex curved blade is very useful for cutting off etch from a fret. You can just roll it over the tag to remove the part. Pulling a straight blade through the fret tags risks damage to the part.
Strangely!! I do use a curved scalpel blade to remove the individual pieces!!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
PE looks fine Doug. As Jakko says it does get easier but you'll still have plenty of frustrating moments.