Battle of Britain diorama

• Thread starter Airfix Modeller Freak
  • Start date
A

Airfix Modeller Freak

I will now add the card Models of the Nissen Hut on my Dio. Thanks

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

I am painting a barracks shed brown. I thought of painting it camo, but from past experience when I did this, it looked messy and gimicky.

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Should I use a tank on an Airfield? I never really thought of putting one in until now...

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Not really John, but you can get 1/72 Bofors A.A. guns, which were used extensively on RAF airfields during the war.....Perhaps a couple of those, surrounded by sandbags?

Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Water towers were in evidence, but because they provided an easy marker for the enemy to spot an airfield, they were rare.....or even dismantled.

Water was usually run around in small road tankers or bowsers, which could be readily hidden from prying eyes...So I would suggest leaving the tower off and using a vehicle. Perhaps with a cammo net slung over it?

I seem to remember Airfix doing a very nice example of this type of vehicle...

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Airfix Modeller Freak

I am now scratch-building an E-shape dispersal pen. I have created the base templates out of balsa. I am going to start the actual building soon

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

How do I get a company to make decals for 6-12 planes identical except for actual registration letters- HX-A HX-B blah blah blah for a squadron?

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

If possible, can you convert a Mk 5 Spitfire to a Mk 1 or is that not possible at all???

First Name
Aaron
Just bang the mk 5 in there mate, all good lol. Just check pics of the mk 1 you might need to fill a gun port or two.

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

It has got these raised bubbles on the wings on the top. Should I cut then sand these off then fill it with filler or do otherwise?

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
I think the bubbles may be the cannon drum covers and BoB Spits didn't have these so, yes they will need to be removed and filled.

Tony.