Battle of Coral Sea Yorktown CV-5

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Greg, sorry to hear about your woes. I hope you and your good wife get things sorted and you find a nice place to live. The real estate agent you get a massive kick in the behind.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
YES now i understand why no more posts lets hope greg an his wife have somewhere livable
chrisb

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hope you get the problems sorted mate - and by the way, which Museum is going to get this masterpiece?
Steve

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Dear all...
I'm really sorry to bother you all but the situation is getting worse....we finally found a new apartment we will move on the 31st of january....BUT on the 24th of december we had an electrical fire (fortunately no damage no issues l had the time to switch off the plugs)...so now we are in an apart hotel at 1200 euros per week....
I hope to post other comments and pictures soon....2022 ended like shit...and 2023 started also like shit.....hopefully february will be better....have a nice day a safe year and please CHECK YOUR ELECTRICAL PANEL AND PLUGS...

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Take sorry to hear that Greg. Hope the new place works out better.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Just caught up with this Greg.
First of all, the work you’re doing on York Town is excellent, the attention to detail is awesome. Second, I’m really sorry to hear about the troubles you’re having with apartments. I do hope that the rest of 2023 is much brighter for both you and your wife and things settle down into a comfortable routine.
All the best, Paul

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Greg loved your yorktown build an lookin forward to seein it start again an yes jen an i hope the new apartment works out ok an you can restart the build when you have settled in with your missus an yes 2022 was crap for us as well an so far in the new yr for us as ive been laid low with a water infection an talk about back pain well i thought it was a kidney stone as it was agony so yes lets hope the rest of the year is better
ATB TO YOU BOTH
CHRIS AN JEN

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hang tough Gregg, life don't always pitch a " straight" game. Hopefully 2023 will be a better season for us all. :thumb2:

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Dear all yesterday we finally moved to the new apartment...warm and human...it was really a very bad beginning of the year..finger crossed we might find peace..l will now assemble all my new kits from a new brand scale 1:1 with a lot of screws and nails..no glue..you might know it's called IKEA.... loooool :smiling3:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
That is really good news Greg. You and the wife have been through hell for too long and I truly hope everything will be much better for you both now. Have fun with the 1:1 building. I'll bet it's a lot easier on the eyes than 1/350 too...

Prost
Allen

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Dear all yesterday we finally moved to the new apartment...warm and human...it was really a very bad beginning of the year..finger crossed we might find peace..l will now assemble all my new kits from a new brand scale 1:1 with a lot of screws and nails..no glue..you might know it's called IKEA.... loooool :smiling3:
Great news. Have fun with the Swedish model kits……

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Great news..... Hope you get sorted out as soon!!!

I have got to the point where I can assemble and disassemble our large IKEA wardrobes without instructions! Which begs the question....where am I going wrong with model making!!

Hope to see you back at the bench soon!

ATB.

Andrew