"Bendy Bus" VW Doka / 5th wheel camper kitbash

• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
A wonderful update Andy. Nice to see the two bodies together. Looking forward to the next chapter.

D

Deleted member 7181

A wonderful update Andy. Nice to see the two bodies together. Looking forward to the next chapter.
Thanks Steve, and good timing.

While doing the filling etc on the outside I started cracking on with the really fun part, the interior! No camper would be complete without a mattress, so I knocked one of those up, shaped to fit into the nose. Of course I scribed a pattern into it to roughly match the seat upholstery.

0Gc9R8N.jpg

And here it is in place, with some other bits I'm working on. Bowl and hob are removable for painting, as is the tap (which is why it looks wonky)

0atln9G.jpg

mVt4p1E.jpg

My garden project is on hold at the minute as we're waiting for a delivery, so should get time tomorrow to make a start on the cupboards for the opposite side.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy - absolute genius! Very well done indeed.

This will look amazing once finished!!

ATB

Andrew

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
What a superb topic and your use of plasticard in making items is tops. She is defo one of the most unusual models I have seen and will make an outstanding talking point when done, please put her under cover so that she can be dust free as this will defo be one for the shelf. Top work so far Andy.

Reactions: JR

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andy
I said on the first page that scratching an interior was well within your capabilities. I was dead right :smiling5::thumb2:
Looking great - well done.
Jim

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks for all the great comments folks!

There's all sorts of bits & bobs from around the shed thrown into it so far lol. A light coat of primer after these pictures showed up a few things that need fixing, but nothing major. Looking forward to doing the other side tomorrow, and fixing the floor.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent work Andy , I love projects like this , the challenge of creating something from whatever you can find and the puzzle of how to make things from scratch , cheers tony

D

Deleted member 7181

Thanks again all.

Sorry if I don't always reply to you individually but I tend to run out of words! Just know that I appreciate all of your comments and reactions. And thanks as well to those that are just following along silently.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Andy, it's getting better and better everytime I drop in for a look. It's clear you're having fun. Well done :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
I'm really enjoying this,Andy.
It's so far off the beaten track, I love it!
I know you consider yourself a relative beginner but you are clearly a 'Natural'.
Keep it up!

D

Deleted member 7181

I've sorted out the floor and cupboards/drawers on the other side

01k6Ptp.jpg

With a bit of primer and a spot of filler, it's starting to look really cosy in there. Great place for a brew. I notice from these pictures that need to notch the "worktop" out a bit to clear the door pillar, as the cupboard doesn't sit flush to the wall after it's addition.

902Fd2f.jpg

First Name
Andy
Professional body shop work there with a bit of campervan conversion skills as well.

Andy.