boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I'm calling this a ship......."Boatman"! :tongue-out3: :tongue-out2::tongue-out: lighting came out the Dog's and looking forward to seeing all the doo dads loaded on for the photo shoot. Rick H.
HI Rick yea this is definately a ship lol;) an yea im pleased at how the light turned out as its been quite tricky to solder all the wires on the leds an then solder them to the brass bar as i dint want them shorting out an yes im lookin forward to seeing it all togeather of what ive built so far but there is still a hell of a lot to still make an fit on an wire them up but i love a challenge
hope you are well
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Nice comfy chair Chris!!

Cannnot fault the skill, hard work and dedication sir!
THANK YOU Bob mate an yes it all well goin so far but im now havin to draw out small wirein dioagrams as it now gettin complex an ive made up an fitted to the wires in the hull tags of what voltage each unit is an all told there will be starting at the bottom there will be
no.1 will be 3v wirein
no.2 will be 5.3 v wirein
no 3. wil be 6v wirein
no.4 will be 9v wiren
no.5 will be 12v wiren
an no .6 wll be 24v wirein
SO ive really got to think what im doin an fit inline fuses but they will be fitted in the P.D.B. (power distrobustion board )
anyway hope you are ok
chris

Last edited:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
THANK YOU Bob mate an yes it all well goin so far but im now havin to draw out small wirein dioagrams as it now gettin complex an ive made up an fitted to the wires in the hull tags of what voltage each unit is an all told there will be starting at the bottom there will be no.1 an thats 3v wirein
no.2 will be 5.3 v wirein
no 3. wil be 6v wirein
no.4 will be 9v wiren
no.5 will be 12v wiren
an no .6 wll be 24v wirein
SO ive really got to think what im doin an fit inline fuses but they will be fitted in the P.D.B.
anyway hope you are ok
chris
Hope you are not colour blind!!

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
AN a full rear hull shot i wish i could put everything on that ive made but i will do soon as i have a mate comin over to see how far its got on so i will assemble it then an take some pics of what ive made so far an post them hereView attachment 417889
Hi Chris, pure mind blowing Chris you must be on a big high those lights worked, are they Led, still a long way to go , keep the pics flowing and great work on the detail of the chopper hanger will the choppers be those sea kings , used for rescue those days. Tony

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Going up in smoke :flushed::surprised::nerd:.
Trying keeping calm at the mere mention of smoke !
Chris please warn me before issuing words like that in future, I thought I was in for a treat :surprised::nerd:

Looking really good Chris, really admire your ability.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris, pure mind blowing Chris you must be on a big high those lights worked, are they Led, still a long way to go , keep the pics flowing and great work on the detail of the chopper hanger will the choppers be those sea kings , used for rescue those days. Tony
HI Tony yea im pleased that the lights work ok as they are very fragile when i was handleing them but once they are fitted they are quite strong but i make sure i dont knock them or more work to put right an yes they are 3mm white ultrabright leds an yes i will be fitting four seakings on her as thats what she carried on board for ASW
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Going up in smoke :flushed::surprised::nerd:.
Trying keeping calm at the mere mention of smoke !
Chris please warn me before issuing words like that in future, I thought I was in for a treat :surprised::nerd:

Looking really good Chris, really admire your ability.
NOW NOW John:thinking: calm down an dont get excited at mention of smoke as i know your pashion for flames lol;):rolling::smiling::smiling::smiling: as remember there can be some smoke without flames lol:nerd:
chris

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
HI Tony yea im pleased that the lights work ok as they are very fragile when i was handleing them but once they are fitted they are quite strong but i make sure i dont knock them or more work to put right an yes they are 3mm white ultrabright leds an yes i will be fitting four seakings on her as thats what she carried on board for ASW
chris
Hi Chris, wow 3 mm leds how bright are they , I am deciding what to use as lighting up upper and main deck as far back to the bow bulkhead , I use 3mm leds for my railway signals , Tony

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris, wow 3 mm leds how bright are they , I am deciding what to use as lighting up upper and main deck as far back to the bow bulkhead , I use 3mm leds for my railway signals , Tony

HI Tony the 6v 3mm ultrabright white led's are very bright an when i get all 12 which are on the back of the hanger all lined up in their correct postions so they shine down the flightdeck it will look good an really lit up the flight deck
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI all well today's update is special as today its exsacley 2yrs ago to day that i started the build an so i thought well ive never yet put her altogeather to see what ive got for 2yrs of labour of love. So yesterday i did it an wow it shocked me at the sheer size of it what a whopper an the plans dont do it justice

SO I DID A PHOTO SHOOT OF HER WITH NEARLY ALL THE THINGS IVE BUILT FOR HER an there are still a heck of a lot still to build an fit but im pleased she is begingnning to look like the real ship an all the bit at the moment are just laid on as after the shoot it will all be stripped down again an i must admit that i just sat looking at her for a few minutes to take in the sheer size of her wow
first overall shot of her an it took me all my time to get her in the camera vewier
IMG_6187.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Wow :surprised: Looks like she’ll need her own trailer when you take her out sailing......fantastic!
HI Tim yea ai'nt she a whopper an no this has got to go in the car just hope we can lift her as she is puttin on wheight maybe a diet called for lol
an thanks for lookin in
ATB to you an yours
stay safe an well
chris an jen