boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Chris
Lovely work. You have great skill and regarding the stocking - you're very brave :tongue-out3:
Jim

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris
Lovely work. You have great skill and regarding the stocking - you're very brave :tongue-out3:
Jim
HI JIM well i dont think brave really more like stupid as i should have thought well they are jens propeterty not mine an in future i will ask as she normally says yes if i ask her for anything she lets me have it unless its something she is really fond of then its no but as i said when modeling i get a bit carryeid away an dont think but we all have our faults its just bein human aint it
chris

• Love
Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI GUYS another small update
an well i am tryin to finish off the out sides of the hanger bay so it will be ready to paint when warmer
an here a shot of the plans of the rear part of the hanger bay to show where all the floodlightin will fit IMG_6157.JPG

Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
An IMG_6151.JPGSO ive been making up the floodlighting with 3 mm white ultrabright led's an here is how i started with one its just had it pins bent an a aluminium cover shade fitted

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
An next ive made up two leds to get a little idea of what they will be like an the pins have been cut down to the size i want so they can be mounted on a brass box section as the small pin will be solered to the brass an the other live wire has shrink rap fitted on to stop any eletric shorts outs IMG_6152.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an four have been done here an in the brass there are the tiny holes have been drilled to fit the leds pins into to solder an hold them in place an this is 2mm brass box section IMG_6153.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
After all that work Chris

Thank god for that :thumb2:
YES Bob thats what i was thinking but im only half way as more to do an the next lot are harder to do as they are so close together an have the wires shown but cheers for your post
hope you ok now
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an looking at the hanger back in this pic you can see the four more floodlights just above the water tight door IMG_6157.JPGthat will have to be fitted an they have more wires than shown on the plans

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an here they are all fitted an the wires are all lives an one negative as again like the top big brass bar these small four are all wired negative through the brass box section so only one neg wire rest are lives an they now have little bit of tishue rolled up in the tubes so that the spray paint wont go onto the leds IMG_6162.JPG

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an a overall shot of the floodlight how they will be when i can fit them but the hanger needs to be sprayed grey an the top deck will be green 4bo lol an the the lights mountings will be grey IMG_6163.JPG

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
Nice progress Chris, she will look great with all the lighting :thumb2: Have fun!
Steven